• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things You Are HAPPY About Thread.

I won't be posting for a while but will still be reading :)

Well that lasted long!!

Note to self ' When you have lots to do then don't even be tempted to read TWF . Had to log on to see the pics of pets :)

A week in the South Aegean starts today!

Cannot wait to get going and start on that all inclusive cocktail list....

I sense an imminent, extended and noticeable absence from Strava from Monsieur Langers.

This time next week, myself and Wolf Hunting will be in Norway visiting my brother, and also going to see the fantastic Brit Floyd in the local arena!

Just been called for an interview at VW for a Lean Manufacturer trainer role! Gots 3 hours to prep!

The fucking fly that's been bugging me that is now squashed on me Kindle screen after slamming the cover down on it.

Hope it went well. Being a trainer is awesome! Really rewarding.

Thanks DDW!
Interview went well, ghosted a trainer for 45 minutes whilst he took his class, then a 30 minute interview turned into an hour plus!
Hopefully find out in the next 48 hours if I am successful! (Fingers crossed!)

Thanks DDW!
Interview went well, ghosted a trainer for 45 minutes whilst he took his class, then a 30 minute interview turned into an hour plus!
Hopefully find out in the next 48 hours if I am successful! (Fingers crossed!)

Cool. It's a great job, training people on stuff you are good at comes naturally. Better pay and less work. Win win.

Cool. It's a great job, training people on stuff you are good at comes naturally. Better pay and less work. Win win.

It's something I have done in a secondary role, but not as a main job, should be interesting if I get the call back, quite looking forward to it, that's if I get the job that is!

Just done a public speaking thingy to over 200 people.
Was very nervous, but it went better than I thought. They even laughed at one of my jokes!

Just done a public speaking thingy to over 200 people.
Was very nervous, but it went better than I thought. They even laughed at one of my jokes!

Bloody hell, just the thought of speaking to over 200 people makes me feel all panicky! Well done, mate.

Do you mean one of our jokes you've rehashed ???

It amuses me more than makes me happy but it always makes me chuckle how weird they think I am at work.

Some of the reasons they think I'm weird:

1. I have a big beard. They do not understand this. They cope with it by making muslim jokes.

2. I have weird lefty political views. They all think Cameron was a great PM and that the Tories are doing a great job. I am in a minority of one when I point out how badly they are governing the country. When I tell them I voted Green in the last election they look very confused indeed.

3. I don't think that immigrants are ruining the NHS or our country in general.

4. I wanted to stay in the EU.

5. We fed our kids by using 'baby led weaning' (basically they fed themselves with actual food rather than us spoon feeding them mush).

6. We use a wrap/sling instead of a pushchair. Apparently, they are dangerous in case we fall and hurt the child although women have managed to use slings throughout the world for hundreds of years.

7. My son has a non-traditional name. I believe their reaction was, 'hmm, that's...interesting'.

8. Both our kids had Naming Ceremonies instead of a Christening.

9. This is the biggie - we home educate our daughter. She should have started in September so when I tell them that she is being home educated you can see the confusion in their faces 'You don't send her to school? Ooh, I don't agree with that!'

I would never claim that our view of life is better or worse than theirs and maybe my wife and I are are a pair of hippy weirdo's after all, but it amuses me how weird they think we are. In fact, I might start just making up some extra weird things to tell them just to see their reaction!

Bloody hell, just the thought of speaking to over 200 people makes me feel all panicky! Well done, mate.
Thank you. It wasn't too bad, as that many people become a blur to an extent, so it's ok.

Only got another 4 or 5 to do!

Do you mean one of our jokes you've rehashed ???
If I needed help with a joke, I'd ask your wife. She's the expert :icon_wink:

Back