• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things You Are HAPPY About Thread.

The daughters compete in their first national canoe sprint competition up in Nottingham this weekend. Three years hard training to get there. Considering they'd never been near a boat or done any sport to speak of before, I'm really happy for them that they've got themselves this far.

Top stuff SLA. I hope they do well and enjoy the experience.

The daughters compete in their first national canoe sprint competition up in Nottingham this weekend. Three years hard training to get there. Considering they'd never been near a boat or done any sport to speak of before, I'm really happy for them that they've got themselves this far.
Excellent mate :)

My nephew has played in a couple of bowls matches with my team. My brother plays for a different team. Our team is struggling for numbers a bit, and I asked if he'd like to help us out.

He has an amazingly good delivery, and also a brilliant calm temperament too. Everyone has commented on how polite and well mannered he has been. And just getting to spend a bit of time with him and chatting has been a sheer joy.

That's nice. It's always good to do stuff like that with family. My youngest daughter and I competed (in separate boats) in an 18-mile kayak marathon race yesterday down in Kent. She was awesome. 10 miles further than she'd ever gone before. If she hadn't got herself stuck in one of the locks she'd have done a really good time too!
Following on from this, he played the other day again. I asked if he'd like to play the rest of the season and he said yes.
He's also coming out his shell which is great. We're having proper conversations, and he walks round the green with me.
A silly little thing, but makes me ridiculously happy.

Really nice news from the pair of you, top stuff.

For me - yesterday marked two months since I started my blog, the viewing numbers just blow my mind given I don't promote it that heavily (I certainly don't pay for it to be boosted/promoted on Facebook and Twitter). Nice to know there is interest in what I've got to say and if I can do my bit to fill the dearth of decent Wolves coverage then great.

Thanks Deutsch.

I'm really pleased for you in starting the blog. It's the type of thing you've threatened for a while, and good to see it come to fruition.

Actually, the article that interested me the most was the how depression affects me blog. I know there's a paragraph in that I'd like to chat to you about when I see you again.

The blog is excellent. Cracking work, Deutsch.

Thanks Deutsch.

I'm really pleased for you in starting the blog. It's the type of thing you've threatened for a while, and good to see it come to fruition.

Actually, the article that interested me the most was the how depression affects me blog. I know there's a paragraph in that I'd like to chat to you about when I see you again.
More than happy to mate. It's an ongoing process, I can mostly deal with it these days. I'd never go back to how I was (as plenty off here know how I'd got myself).

Cheers Nando 👊

What are the figures like, if you don't mind me asking?

About 6.5k views, 4k unique visitors from memory.

Not bad. I reckon you should tweet them to OfficialWolves and the E&S just for kicks to see if you get any response. Maybe the Birmingham Mail too.

Nothing wrong with promoting yourself.

To be honest mate I don't have any kind of goal in mind with it, I just like writing and you stick to what you know. If I could ever make dollar off it then awesome, otherwise it is what it is. People enjoying reading them is all the satisfaction and motivation I need. We'll see how it goes.

Good luck to them. It just shows what hard work and dedication can achieve.

Getting my train tickets for the trip to the Norwich match at less than half price of the standard even with going 1st class on the return journey

Sanford is a dream compared to Orlando, at least you wont have to spend a couple of hours queuing to get through immigration !

Driving as you probably remember is far easier over there than it is here, the only advice I can give you is always think at junctions which direction the traffics coming from, you can turn right on a red traffic lights and think what side of a dual carriage way you want to aim for, Oh and the policemen have big guns in the backs of their cars :)

Thanks for that Paul. Sanford was so easy compared to Orlando.
There was a hurricane in Hernando County last night but now I am sitting by the pool drinking beer in the sun! It's lovely.

Also, the Thomson Dreamliner flight from Birmingham was also very easy.

Hoping I can get a feed for the match next week!

Teaching Micro all the solos from One. I do believe he is getting very close.

#miniKirkHammett

A club trying to gain favours from the ref....shocking scenes.

Back