• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things You Are HAPPY About Thread.

Cut my lawn twice already this year and it ain't even March yet.

Cut my lawn twice already this year and it ain't even March yet.

Blimey you are early. Ours is still sodden now that the snow has gone. Will be weeks yet until we can even walk on ours without sinking. Its still 'asleep ' and yellow looking :(

Great isn't it, pretty decent day for getting in the garden, coolish but dry with a bit of sun around, probably be having another tat about tomorrow if it stays dry.

Was only about 8c down here but bright sun, no wind & blue skies - as long as you weren't in the shade felt really warm

Bit of light hedge trimming done today

When days end better than what they started :)

Was only about 8c down here but bright sun, no wind & blue skies - as long as you weren't in the shade felt really warm

Bit of light hedge trimming done today
20°C at 04:30 and expected to be double that this arvo!!! Now that is just cruel.

Ha, the Missus brought me one with a ginger biccy while I was doing a bit of pruning earlier on.

You'll be able to get out in your garden on Saturday for a couple of hours from 12:30, not much else going on.

Took out the karcher and cleaned the fuck out of the drive yesterday. Lawn definitely needs a second trim and I have a shedload of weeding and tidying that I need to do before I start planning this year's bedding plants once the frost has definitely fucked off.

Looking forward to tonight's Sip & Dip Paint Party. I'm not what you would call very good at drawing or painting so the outcome should be interesting. Fortunately I'm ace at sipping wine so all is not lost :). Now wondering what we will have to draw/paint, bowl of fruit, vase of flowers or a nude man :yikes:

Last edited:
Sip and Dip? Are you 100% on this being about paint and not the fruit bowl?

Sip and Dip? Are you 100% on this being about paint and not the fruit bowl?

I'm not sure to be honest Stan, lifes full of surprises :) I've been practising drawing willies all week, so knowing my luck it will be a bowl of bananas.

I'm not sure to be honest Stan, lifes full of surprises :) I've been practising drawing willies all week, so knowing my luck it will be a bowl of bananas.

There is lots of happy fun and laughter to be had in a room of females, excellent wines,cheeses,and paintpots, and where nobody makes fun of how badly you can draw or paint. I loved it :)

After having only 2 small wines last night (first in ages) and a bacon sarnie this morning, just had the last weigh in of the month and lost 12 and a half pound. I'm happy with that :). Put it down to all those steamed veggies,no alcohol, no carbs, lots of fruit, porridge oats, seeds and nuts. They don't half make you poo :)

Gonna carry on without wine, except for Fridays and Saturday night but not be strict on other things that I enjoy. My bloods may be shit but my blood pressures way better! See how we go anyway :)

The journal I started in December and haven't missed a day. Mr Penguin's started one too. Not allowed to read each others. Not yet anyway. Funny, but it's comforting in a strange kind of way.

Micro got into his first choice senior school. He is well chuffed.

Scary thought that the little one (I use that advisedly as he is about the size of the Mander Centre) is going up to senior school in September. Feelingveryoldindeed.

Micro got into his first choice senior school. He is well chuffed.

Scary thought that the little one (I use that advisedly as he is about the size of the Mander Centre) is going up to senior school in September. Feelingveryoldindeed.

Wait till he is 31...That'll make you feel old! ;)

Supposed to be 71 today :cool:

My Dad was a really really handsome chap :)

Juicing :)

The god awful plastic tacky owl with the swively head has done its job. :)

Receiving Encouragement cards, not only do they make me happy, they also help :)

Back