• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things You Are HAPPY About Thread.

Stayed in Beck Hall. If you like trips with the pet, then its perfect. It's beyond dog friendly, not one part where you can't take them, including the restaurant. The whole place is just great, the staff, the setting, the service. Would recommend it to anyone (as long as they don't mind dogs)

Stunning area to stay as well. Did a fantastic walk yesterday across the Dales (Malham Cove - Malham Tarn - Goredale Scar - Janet's Foss - Pub). The Lister Arms is a lovely pub and if you have one of their sandwiches, its enough to feed 2 or 3. Huge things.

Mrs HW very excited after looking at their website. We are definitely going there next spring. Thanks for the info!

The Dales and the Pennines are so under-rated because everyone goes to the Lake District. We stayed at a lovely hotel near Alston three years ago for Valentines and it was wonderful.

For the second time in a couple of years, I've randomly hired another Wolves fan. He thinks Jackett should stay, but other than that, seems OK. :)

Got a new teaching job last Thursday after being massively fucked over and fired by my (now former) Head in January. Much nicer school than my last one and the new head wants a 3 week handover period so for a while I'll basically be getting paid for doing not a great deal. Lovely stuff.

Got a new teaching job last Thursday after being massively fucked over and fired by my (now former) Head in January. Much nicer school than my last one and the new head wants a 3 week handover period so for a while I'll basically be getting paid for doing not a great deal. Lovely stuff.

Congratulations TP.

Good to hear that you have sorted something new after being shafted massively by your last head...

Good luck with the new role!

Well done Sue. Keep it up.

Good to hear that you're herpes free too ;)

Cheers Bear. I'm quite enjoying how its making me feel tbh :)

:icon_lol: Good to read you are free of it too! Unfortunately Mr Penguin isn't. Not quite sure who he caught the herpes virus from. How do you catch it , through snogging??

Physical contact usually.

Have you never had chicken pox? That's a type of herpes virus.

Good news indeed. I hope it goes well.

Physical contact usually.

Have you never had chicken pox? That's a type of herpes virus.

He doesn't get one very often but when he does his mouth is banned from approaching!

No never had chicken pox. My sister did, and she's got a dent in the end of her nose from where she picked a scab :)

-4c this morning, but by lunchtime it was bright sunshine & warm if you were not in the shade

Even got the back lawn mowed for the first time this year in mid Feb! (& I am aware, before he mentions it, that Trev got there first) - was nice not being inside an office on such a good day

-4c this morning, but by lunchtime it was bright sunshine & warm if you were not in the shade

Even got the back lawn mowed for the first time this year in mid Feb! (& I am aware, before he mentions it, that Trev got there first) - was nice not being inside an office on such a good day

At 5.00 this morning I was having a leisurely walk, and thoroughly enjoying it. The best part of the day is the morning.

At 5.00 this morning I was having a leisurely walk, and thoroughly enjoying it. The best part of the day is the morning.

It is indeed the best part of the day Frankie. Especially watching a lovely sunrise.

Pretty much anywhere would've been quiet at 5am, but most would've been a hell of a lot more comfortable than the temperatures outside.

Pretty much anywhere would've been quiet at 5am, but most would've been a hell of a lot more comfortable than the temperatures outside.

Wrap up well, and lets be honest a couple of degrees below freezing is hardly Antarctic weather...

Seriously though, I would rather have a cold dry and frosty winter evening and night, than the horrible wet weather we have had for the last couple of months.

Back