• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things You Are HAPPY About Thread.

Cheers guys...Hurdle one completed as I've had an email to tell me my application has been accepted.
Now to spend an hour writing answers to questions about why I think I'm suitable for the jod but "Well I've been doing it for nearly 23 years" won't do.
After that there is an online test to check my concentration and ability to prioritise tasks...Bring it on

Last edited:
Maybe you should go the whole hog as they did in the past & have them all out (even if OK) & get falsies on the basis that you can't get toothache in those

NO NO NO!!! do not do this, I did last year and i have to tell you i have hated every second since. only a top set but man was I a fool to listen to my dentist. The choice was for economic reasons, but i would risk robbing a bank without a mask on to pay for a bridge if i could go back!

Happy and apprehensive...

Just applied for a new job, well same job, same company just at a Signal Box that's a lot busier!
Pros; I can get there on my bike in under 5 minutes or walk in 10 minutes thus saving me close to £80 a month in petrol as well as an up to 45 minute drive to work. It is a grade higher so almost £4000 a year pay rise. Goes on to a three shift roster so nights included but extra pay for nights/weekends.
Cons; Did I mention it's a LOT busier?! More rail traffic, more road traffic over the level crossing. About 12 crossings/foot crossing/farm crossings, 3 CCTV crossings controlled by me and less time to sit down writing stuff on here.
The job is open for applicants until Feb 13th so I will know more after then.

Go for it, what's the worst that can happen...oh............. bah go for it anyway , you'll breeze it and still be on TWF.

Just seen a bus spotter actually go "phwoar" as he took a photo of a double decker. Made me smile.

Congrats Paul... How many is that now?

Back