• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things You Are HAPPY About Thread.

Off to play football with a few lads from work, should be some comedy on offer.

The NHS. Taking care of my better half and picking up meningitis very quickly. First class.

Bought a food processor today. Fuck yeah. Got too fed up with the constant slicing of onions etc. Got a £10 voucher from O2 Priority Moments to spend so I put that towards it. I'm not sure why I'm so excited by this but I am very excited indeed.

The NHS. Taking care of my better half and picking up meningitis very quickly. First class.

Thank goodness they picked it up earlier. I am very pleased to hear that your good lady is on the mend.

Would you like me to send her some of my jokes to cheer her up...

Both happy and annoyed with this, but mostly happy:

Just after starting work as a barista, I've been contacted by Amazon to be interviewed for a management position. Needless to say I can't really turn something like that down. Makes for an uncomfortable time at Starbucks until I give them the word, though.

Warehouse rather than office, but the working conditions at Amazon's distribution centres in the UK are absolutely deplorable.

You can't get away with the shit they do in America where it's the sack for any reason they like.

Over here if they try and overwork you, give you shitty conditions, or sack you for not putting up with being overworked, you can have them up in front of a tribunal. No matter what a contract says, there's the health and safety at work act and an employer's duty of care to employees.

The duty of care under HASWA is concerned with the health, safety and welfare of employees. It has nothing to do with Employment Law and your terms of employment, e.g. working hours, dismissal and so on

Thank goodness they picked it up earlier. I am very pleased to hear that your good lady is on the mend.

Would you like me to send her some of my jokes to cheer her up...

I've read the entire thread to her Frank, seemed to speed her recovery up :). You can add healing to your powers of unflinching optimism.

A 'few' pints of Bathams along with gray pays and baycun in the Western.

A 'few' pints of Bathams along with gray pays and baycun in the Western.

Looking forward to joining up for some of that tomorrow.

(This post has just reminded me to pack my Wolves smartcard in the bag :icon_biggrin:)

Bought a food processor today. Fuck yeah. Got too fed up with the constant slicing of onions etc. Got a £10 voucher from O2 Priority Moments to spend so I put that towards it. I'm not sure why I'm so excited by this but I am very excited indeed.

Did you used to be Bruce Jenner ??

The duty of care under HASWA is concerned with the health, safety and welfare of employees. It has nothing to do with Employment Law and your terms of employment, e.g. working hours, dismissal and so on
Overworking comes under health I'd have thought.

It depends. If it leads to associated health risks then yes. Work related stress for example would certainly be covered under H&S legislation.

Back