• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things You Are HAPPY About Thread.

Is there that much of a reason to get private insurance there? I was under the impression that the NHS actually did a solid job.

The NHS does do a solid job, but was designed for a time prior to an increasing and increasingly aged population. As a generalisation and ignoring the question of the fairness or otherwise of a two tier system and "jumping the queue", imo private health care more than justifies itself to those who have it for non-emergency scheduled treatment.

Just finished cutting back the jungle that my garden had become. One of the drawbacks of working away most of the time. Time to order a few cubes of concrete!

First day of work went swimmingly. Apparently I get health benefits (not sure if y'all even have those what with the NHS and all, but over here it's a big deal)! Free coffee for me, even a free food write off, seems they actually give a damn how their employees are doing, which is a great change of pace from the norm here.

Good luck in your new job Alan...Hope it goes well for you

Congratulations Sir, although I didn't understand a word of it :)

I was guessing its something to do with a Malaysian car manufacturer a bus conductor and some thermal underwear, I could be wrong though !

I was guessing its something to do with a Malaysian car manufacturer a bus conductor and some thermal underwear, I could be wrong though !

That sounds like the start of one of Roy's gag's.

I'm just guessing here but is that to do with creating polymer/ gel batteries?

Not quite. Currently my work looks into materials with the potential to become better membranes in the polymer electrolyte membrane fuel cell. So it more the transfer of energy rather than the storage of.

Not quite. Currently my work looks into materials with the potential to become better membranes in the polymer electrolyte membrane fuel cell. So it more the transfer of energy rather than the storage of.

Fascinating stuff. Don't tell HGW he'll never go for it though, being all new and that.

Decided not to go for a job for which I was headhunted because I realised my work life balance is more important to me than money. It feels good.

Decided not to go for a job for which I was headhunter because I realised my work life balance is more important to me than money. It feels good.

Couldn't agree with you more !

Got a super deal on a tent and accessories in town today. Was out comparing prices/offers to what was available online, was pretty sold on a 3 man dome tent from Halfords website for €50, as we were heading home we walked past a Camping shop we didn't even know existed so popped in. Ended up getting a 4 man dome tent + an inflatable double mattress and pump + a North Face sleeping bag worth €25, all for €100!

Really thrilled cos the Halfords one only had a water resistance of 1500mm and a porch that could only fit your shoes in, and the ones we saw in town today were decent prices but were also 1500mm but the one we've got is 3000mm water resistant and has a much bigger porch. Heres a pic:

B408P_SP442_16_44J49a

It doesn't look big enough in that pic to sleep 4 people.

Put myself back on the market after being shafted at work and got three interviews lined up already.

Back