• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things You Are HAPPY About Thread.

Alan on his first day:

"I could add some milk? Well, saliva...."

"Would you like cream in that?"

I'd be happy if one of you could change me thick twat title to Tim Tam.

First day of work went swimmingly. Apparently I get health benefits (not sure if y'all even have those what with the NHS and all, but over here it's a big deal)! Free coffee for me, even a free food write off, seems they actually give a damn how their employees are doing, which is a great change of pace from the norm here.

Nope. Looking to be my best thus far, though.

First day of work went swimmingly. Apparently I get health benefits (not sure if y'all even have those what with the NHS and all, but over here it's a big deal)! Free coffee for me, even a free food write off, seems they actually give a damn how their employees are doing, which is a great change of pace from the norm here.

The health benefits part is good! The rest is pretty standard, unless you work in a small artisan coffee shop.

Are you working for Starbucks or one of the big chains? Are you a server or a barista?

It's a Starbucks, which is fine with me in all honesty. It may not be the most respected amongst real connoisseurs but it's not bad coffee and it sure is popular.

Also, I'm a barista, but there are no "servers" in coffee shops here, I think I fill both roles.

It's a Starbucks, which is fine with me in all honesty. It may not be the most respected amongst real connoisseurs but it's not bad coffee and it sure is popular.

Also, I'm a barista, but there are no "servers" in coffee shops here, I think I fill both roles.

I personally hate Starbucks and the way they have a shop on every street in Dublin, but if it pays the bills, you have to put that first obviously.

Some UK employers pay for private healthcare plans.

They do but you still pay a small contribution and are taxed on it. At least we are at my work I think.

Is there that much of a reason to get private insurance there? I was under the impression that the NHS actually did a solid job.

Times like these, you realise what is most important :mecry:

Not sure this is the right thread to post on but im sick of posting on the annoyed

Time to take me leave x

Is there that much of a reason to get private insurance there? I was under the impression that the NHS actually did a solid job.
They do indeed do a solid job. However there are those who prefer to use private healthcare for various reasons.

I've only used private once, for a wisdom tooth extraction under general anaesthetic. It was much, much nicer than NHS. You got a private room with all the mod cons and the level of service was of a higher standard.

Good if you can afford it or get it for free with work. Otherwise the NHS do a perfectly good job with the resources they have.

I get private health care with my work once I've been there 6 months.

Going to need a wisdom tooth out at some point I think as I've had an infection caused by it twice now, will hopefully be able to go private next year and get it done.

I get free Bupa health care and free dental treatment, there is a slight increase in tax but it's hardly noticeable.

Back