• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things You Are HAPPY About Thread.

He was in here yesterday though saying some bike club had been featured in some magazine doing a similar route to what he usually does, giving it his usually Billy big bollocks nonsense, he reckoned his route had about 3500-4000m of climb in it though, fuck knows where he's going riding, mental little prick.

I'd be a bit sceptical about that: you're talking up to two-and-a-half miles vertical, or roughly 12-and-a-bit-thousand feet. Paddy and PW will know better but I think that exceeds even a mountainous TdF stage (La Toussuire in its entirety is only a whiff over 3,500ft of ascension).

Anyway, I do triathlon so I can equally bore you to tears about swimming and running too.

I'm not dead, nor have I run off with the mikman, nor been dropped off on a desert island, but busy times for PPB so pullng the plug on the internet for a while.

Be good, be safe and UTW.

I'd be a bit sceptical about that: you're talking up to two-and-a-half miles vertical, or roughly 12-and-a-bit-thousand feet. Paddy and PW will know better but I think that exceeds even a mountainous TdF stage (La Toussuire in its entirety is only a whiff over 3,500ft of ascension).

Anyway, I do triathlon so I can equally bore you to tears about swimming and running too.

My bad on the units, should've been ft rather than m.

Still, bloke's a massive prick so anything he says could be nonsense. His usual cycling tales seem to involve going out with his mate* but frequently ditching him as he gets competitive with random strangers they happen to cross paths with, then gloats to everyone how much quicker he is than his mate despite his bike only costing half of what his mates did.

* I imagine this mate is some absolute sad sack who has no-one else to associate with if he actually willingly spends time with this berk from work

Ah, that sounds more reasonable. At a guess he's doing somewhere around 70-100 miles then. Anyway, I agree that he's a complete belmer for dropping his 'mate' all the time - people do get dropped with us for one reason or another because you can't expect everyone to ride to the slowest person in the group but someone's always available to work with them, or the leaders will simply wait a while. The only time it gets competitive with us is climbing hills and that's a lost cause as we're riding against "Quadzilla" so we're usually all knackered when we get to the top.

Mind you, one of our friends claimed she did over 6,000ft of climbing in about 17.5 miles (loop being 35 miles so half up, half down) in Italy the other day. I worked that out at an average 7% gradient. Average. So with a few flat bits somewhere between 8 and 9 per cent. I'm calling bullshit or misreading their activity tracking device.

Brilliant news. Time to crack out some lovely slabs of vinyl for aural pleasures! :disco:

Started with a John Mayall evening - haven't played some of the early stuff (that I would have bought in the 70's) for a very long time - lovely!

A morning at work, but am happy as building work going well, the new IT network working without any problems, sorted a few issues out in peace & quiet as no other staff (or children) around.

To top it off TMS on the radio & the Aussie's getting decimated both physically & mentally - plus sun is out now :icon_smile:

IT always works loads better when there's no-one using it :D

Started with a John Mayall evening - haven't played some of the early stuff (that I would have bought in the 70's) for a very long time - lovely!

Please tell me you played the Bluesbreakers 'Beano' album, my favourite record of all time :)

Happy now as on trawling the internet have found 40 mins of cricket highlights off the Sky coverage

Saturdays return to normal, along with the banter, friends,highs,lows and peas.

:wolves: :wolves: :wolves: :wolves: :wolves: :wolves: :wolves: :wolves:

These kind of Saturday nights, in ya jim jams, eating dinner on a tray infront of the tele and hubby asks ' How did Wolves do?? '

:yikes:

Back