• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things You Are HAPPY About Thread.

Visited Spangles sweet shop in Codsall with the kids today. Fantastic place - like a proper sweet shop from when I was a kid (if you can remember the post office on Bushbury Lane being wall to wall sweet jars). Dawn who runs the shop is the most patient person, she explained in detail to my two what everything was, providing a free sample of watermelon flavoured bon bons. We even got some lovely Walkers chocolate eclairs for Old Profanisaurus Rex. Recommended.

Yeah, it's magic. Discovered it a month ago and I've been five times since.

My (belated) birthday present to myself - a new CD system/speakers & a much better quality record deck for my vinyl collection.

Spent more than intended (though could easily have spent a whole lot more given what they had available), but seeing as how I'm not going away this summer as stopping working in December so leaving trips till next year it can come from those funds.

Only issue on setup is that whilst the record deck is clearly functioning & the speakers produce a very nice sound for CD's, they don't with the record. As far as I can see all is connected properly, but clearly something not quite right. Hopefully will work it out otherwise a call to the shop tomorrow will be needed.

Spending a Jolly evening in the pub with Messrs Leeds, Langers and PWolf. It was nice to do something grown up (well almost) for a change. Also - I have control of the TV for 5 whole days starting on Thursday - which means it will be switched off for most of the time. Happy days.
Yes, a really good night. The voice has gone completely now!

Yeah, it was good to catch up. Your voice has gone because you talk too much... ;)

My (belated) birthday present to myself - a new CD system/speakers & a much better quality record deck for my vinyl collection.

Spent more than intended (though could easily have spent a whole lot more given what they had available), but seeing as how I'm not going away this summer as stopping working in December so leaving trips till next year it can come from those funds.

Only issue on setup is that whilst the record deck is clearly functioning & the speakers produce a very nice sound for CD's, they don't with the record. As far as I can see all is connected properly, but clearly something not quite right. Hopefully will work it out otherwise a call to the shop tomorrow will be needed.
A worthwhile purchase!
Years ago I said when I moved, the first thing I'd buy would be a good separates system. Having accumulated more good quality speakers than I need, I only needed a cd player, amp, and turntable. I loved buying them a year ago. I've delved into a lot of stuff I haven't listened to as a whole over the past year. It's been ace.

A worthwhile purchase!
Years ago I said when I moved, the first thing I'd buy would be a good separates system. Having accumulated more good quality speakers than I need, I only needed a cd player, amp, and turntable. I loved buying them a year ago. I've delved into a lot of stuff I haven't listened to as a whole over the past year. It's been ace.

The record deck I had packed up some time ago, & when the CD player started to decide for itself to play tracks in a very random fashion then it was time to change.

Have spent a fair bit more than I have before, but the quality is so much better (now if I could just work out why the sound from the deck doesn't emanate properly I would be sorted)

Home, feet up, glass of red, 2 squares of Fruit & Nut ( got to make it last) watching Insurgent, feeling tired but happy :)

That sounds really nice..music is so important in life :)

Just brought 8 tickets for Saturdays NPSL (4th tier of the American "Soccer" football league) final this Saturday. Been to every game they have played this season, not bad for an amateur team, team consists of mainly UK based players who are studying here in the US.

The record deck I had packed up some time ago, & when the CD player started to decide for itself to play tracks in a very random fashion then it was time to change.

Have spent a fair bit more than I have before, but the quality is so much better (now if I could just work out why the sound from the deck doesn't emanate properly I would be sorted)

Found out why - shows that it pays to read all of the set up instructions before starting :nod:

Lovely sound quality

Did a 50km ride around Goodwood last night. Over 1,800ft of climbing, all done in the saddle, starting with a 3.5km grind and finishing with a "hors categorie" 15% average beast. Also nudged 60kmh on the way back home.

Did a 50km ride around Goodwood last night. Over 1,800ft of climbing, all done in the saddle, starting with a 3.5km grind and finishing with a "hors categorie" 15% average beast. Also nudged 60kmh on the way back home.

Bloody hell that's impressive !

On the same vein, I tied my shoe laces this morning and only got slightly out of breath !

There's a guy at our work who's mad into his cycling, always comes into our office to tell one of the other guys about his weekend of catching up strangers and then blazing away from them, he's a right cunt.

He was in here yesterday though saying some bike club had been featured in some magazine doing a similar route to what he usually does, giving it his usually Billy big bollocks nonsense, he reckoned his route had about 3500-4000m of climb in it though, fuck knows where he's going riding, mental little prick.

There's a guy at our work who's mad into his cycling, always comes into our office to tell one of the other guys about his weekend of catching up strangers and then blazing away from them, he's a right cunt.

He was in here yesterday though saying some bike club had been featured in some magazine doing a similar route to what he usually does, giving it his usually Billy big bollocks nonsense, he reckoned his route had about 3500-4000m of climb in it though, fuck knows where he's going riding, mental little prick.

I'm not mad into it, but have been cycling to/from work, and there are some serious climbs in a 20-30 minute journey.
Have to say the cardio benefits I've experienced have been quite significant.

I'm not mad into it, but have been cycling to/from work, and there are some serious climbs in a 20-30 minute journey.
Have to say the cardio benefits I've experienced have been quite significant.

Didn't realise you worked with Mark...

Back