• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things You Are HAPPY About Thread.

That's the one I'm not sure if I'll get a ticket for. Bastards have lowered the away capacity to 2K. Last time I went it was 4K+ I'm sure.

You can use my Supporter number Sam

Planning Wolves games. Got three dirty away days and a home game planned before the end of the season, depending on tickets obviously. Derby (H), Forest (A), Boro (A) and Wigan (A) hopefully. Might even sneak in a cheeky Blues (A) in there if I can get my old man up a game.

I had hope I could go to Forest away but not sure now as you say it is only 2k... definitely gonna go to Leeds at home the Monday after.

My last fill of 1,000 litres of oil lasted 8.5 months.
Got another 1,000 today 18 cents a litre cheaper than 8 months ago.
Obviously my new condensor Boiler is coming up trumps.
Delighted!

Booking my ticket for the Leeds game today - v happy to be getting it at reduced rate for the older gentleman! as its 10 days after the important B'day.

There are some benefits from ageing :eek:ldboy:

This coming Saturday Leicester City have asked fans for a minutes applause for Terry Orton, the fan would died outside Goodison Park. The applause will start in the 48th minute of their game against Hull City, the 48 being Terry's age when he very sadly left us.

Bowls fixtures are out, finally!
Happily this means I can now plan holidays from work & examine the possibility of a week away in the summer!

Oh, & if PLF reads this, I also found an awesome personalised bowls gifts website that is going to save me searching for weeks for the family all this year up to christmas!

Bowls fixtures are out, finally!
Happily this means I can now plan holidays from work & examine the possibility of a week away in the summer!

Oh, & if PLF reads this, I also found an awesome personalised bowls gifts website that is going to save me searching for weeks for the family all this year up to christmas!

Have seen it now - PM me the details, wouldn't mind looking at that

Know our fixtures, but only because I'm on the Committee now as took over as treasurer at the start of the year - rest of the club will get the club diary at the Spring meet at the end of this month.

The stencil that has just turned up by my desk covered in giant bubble wrap. I have hours of fun ahead of me.

Telephone interview in about 20 minutes...This may turn into either a very happy UKY or a "Things that annoy you" thread...

Hell of a time for an interview...
Good luck.
Hope you're prepared for one of them...

Quite difficult!

Hell of a time for an interview...
Good luck.
Hope you're prepared for one of them...

Quite difficult!

Longest phone interview EVER! I do think the English accent threw the QA manager who interviewed me though :D

I get a call from HR tomorrow at 8am!

Throat and sinus getting much better 2 and a half days into antibiotics thankfully. Big wake up call on my excessive binge drinking IT STOPS HERE

Erm, how can drinking be linked to sinus issues?

Sinus causes throat to dry out feeling like hangover dry throat and makes it difficult to swallow - And you can't knock me for being happy about it as much as you would like to try or not

Not knocking you at all, I've just never heard of or considered drinking leading to throat or sinus issues. Sorry if it didn't come off as a genuine question.

Throat and sinus getting much better 2 and a half days into antibiotics thankfully. Big wake up call on my excessive binge drinking IT STOPS HERE

When I was in hospital in Nov-December, one doctor phrased it very succintly, better than I'd ever had it put to me.

Alcohol vs Anti biotics?
You take your anti biotics, you take a drink of beer (or any alcohol).... alcohol makes your liver work a lot faster and therefore your antibiotic has no time to work and it just goes through your system and down the toilet.
If you're going to drink when you're on anti biotics, you might as well stick to your beer and throw the AB tabs in the bin.

It's got nowt to do with giving your headaches - though it might do that as well.

Not knocking you at all, I've just never heard of or considered drinking leading to throat or sinus issues. Sorry if it didn't come off as a genuine question.
Alcohol causes multiple throat issues. It's a bigger cause of mouth/throat cancer than smoking.

:shakehand:

No I didn't mean to sound pissed off I am just relieved it seems to be going away after three weeks of sore throat and cold symptoms and swallowing troubles (still got to a certain extent). Only been on antibiotics for two days and 1 evening (had 8 now) and they seem to be taking effect (little to no dry throat tongue in the night now). I have been a heavy drinker for 25 years or more and I know it will catch up with me or one of my binge drinking mates sooner or later.

Hey ho this is the happy thread - I will be going to the match next Tuesday and might even drive there

I am not sure what thread this should go in, but Police in Liverpool have now released Terry Orton's body back to his family. There were problems ascertaining the cause of death, but this has now been sorted out. Terry's funeral will now be held on 20 March. I am pleased for his family that they can lay him to rest, but personally I am dreading the day.

Back