• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things You Are HAPPY About Thread.

Got a Volvo XC60, looks very pretty and goes like the clappers

Had an Audi A4 few years ago, was a lovely car.

And congrats on the job!!

My dad looked at one of them last time his car was up for renewal but ended up settling on the S60 instead, big comfy lump with plenty of poke but i'm not a big fan of the driving sensation overall, there's no great feeling to any of the controls so it all feels a little vague, can be a be tricky in car parks and such too as the bonnet seems very high so visibility around the front isn't great. Ideal for a long plod up the motorway though.

. Ideal for a long plod up the motorway though.

That's the main reason I got it :) Comes with a new super efficient engine, but still with 180bhp, should save me loads on company car tax.

It does look pretty too!

That's the main reason I got it :) Comes with a new super efficient engine, but still with 180bhp, should save me loads on company car tax.

It does look pretty too!

Yeah it's a nice looking car, my dad had enough budget to be able to get the R Design spec and still have the D4 engine so didn't really have to compromise either way. Think Volvo have gone back to making their own engines now though haven't they? So think you've got a little bit extra under your right foot compared to his, though it's still no slouch.

He got a bit lucky really, he'd sort of set his mind on a either the S60 or XC60, despite never having driven either of them, or any Volvo i don't think, and he hadn't even seen an S60 in the flesh, everywhere he went just had the V60 instead but he still went ahead with the order, then a couple weeks after he got an email from work saying they were doing a facelift of the S60 so he could change if he wasn't happy, thankfully the facelift was an improvement, getting rid of those stupid extra lights either side of the radiator grill.

Yeah it's a nice looking car, my dad had enough budget to be able to get the R Design spec and still have the D4 engine so didn't really have to compromise either way. Think Volvo have gone back to making their own engines now though haven't they? So think you've got a little bit extra under your right foot compared to his, though it's still no slouch.

He got a bit lucky really, he'd sort of set his mind on a either the S60 or XC60, despite never having driven either of them, or any Volvo i don't think, and he hadn't even seen an S60 in the flesh, everywhere he went just had the V60 instead but he still went ahead with the order, then a couple weeks after he got an email from work saying they were doing a facelift of the S60 so he could change if he wasn't happy, thankfully the facelift was an improvement, getting rid of those stupid extra lights either side of the radiator grill.

I went with the R Design Lux too, lots of pointless gadgets, but will keep me entertained. I went in a V60 earlier this year, never considered Volvo till then, but it was a lovely car - had my mind set on a Volvo since then. I was tempted by a V60, but just seemed that little bit small for 2 kids and all the crap we carry around, I was lucky enough to be able to choose pretty much any car I wanted, within reason, and the XC60 is hopefully just right for me.

I went with the R Design Lux too, lots of pointless gadgets, but will keep me entertained. I went in a V60 earlier this year, never considered Volvo till then, but it was a lovely car - had my mind set on a Volvo since then. I was tempted by a V60, but just seemed that little bit small for 2 kids and all the crap we carry around, I was lucky enough to be able to choose pretty much any car I wanted, within reason, and the XC60 is hopefully just right for me.

My dad gets a lot of choice with his too but everytime he's up for renewal he seems to get fixated on one car and then nothing else gets a chance until his first thought has been written off for whatever reason.

I remember him being mad on having a Honda CR-V a few years back after one of his Passats but then his company decided they were going to put a stop on 4x4s, then someone ordered a Qashqai and he got all pissy before realising they aren't four wheel drive, bless him. He went a bit Honda mad for a while actually, chased an Accord as well but all their diesels are 2.2 litre so they hammer you on tax and that put him off those eventually, last time out i'd convinced him to get an Alfa 159, which again he never test drove, and i think he'd probably have had another one instead of the Volvo if they still made them.

Was pretty funny when they gave him the option to swap his S60 order because of the facelift, they removed the last few brand restrictions they had in place so it opened up BMW, Mercedes, Audi and Jaguar for him, plus maybe a couple others, so then he went a bit 3 series obsessed for a while in confusion, i tried to make a case for the XF but he refused to look past their automatic gearbox because it would be shit, apparently, but again he'd never test drove one of them either.

I do wonder how he makes his car decisions sometimes, he always trys to make sure he's got a decent engine but then drives like a pensioner so it's a waste anyway, may as well throw more into the spec and save himself some tax, silly old git.

Just gone 4 in the morning, up showered and off to Kohl's, Macy's and BonTon like all the thousands of other sad bastards :)

Left the house at 11.15 last night for a deal for something that I wanted and despite not getting home until 1.30 I was happy that I secured what I believe to be a bargain.

Been looking at prices for weeks but finally took the plunge. I don't really care if they call it Black Friday, Cyber Monday, Boxing day madness or anything else as long I get what I want for the price I'm willing to pay.

Heading down to Wolves for the Paul Heaton & Jacqui Abbott concert...A night away with the Missus, can't wait

I got some bargains, Mr Penguin got his wedding 3 piece suit, got a set of Emeril L 8 piece saucepan set, a necklace, Mr Penguin got some power tools, and the longest queue we had to wait in was 10 minutes. Called for a pint on the way home, and everyone goes home happy and pleased that we made the effort and got up early :)

Not a black friday purchase, but just managed to secure some WWE tickets for micro at the NEC (well GENTING ARENA or whatever it is) next April. Row D ringside. Lovely jubbly. I am going to be the best stepdad ever on Christmas day.

Congrats! That's some notice period, or does the new job involve time travel?

Yep, his new job is being Rod Taylor :)

#nerdjoke

Lolz yesterday was a long day with a huge hangover

Back home after a bostin day . Came home with a giant Penguin and 6 pork pies. The even better news is that the pork pies from The Pub Chip Chop in Pitt actually taste and look like proper English pork pies. The sad bit is that I have to give 4 of them away .

After 9 years, 5 months at my current company, today is my penultimate day before I leave for my new role that starts next week. Got an awesome few days lined up:

Leaving do tomorrow (ale crawl around Brum, obvs)
Thursday - off to the club shop and will no doubt call in at the Western on the way home
Friday - day out at Warwick Castle with the GF and a curry in the evening

Really looking forward to it, though it feels strange to be leaving this place. I guess I'm semi-institutionalised....

Happy days mate.

I started 4 weeks gardening leave yesterday so currently plotting exactly how many films, games and box sets I can complete in that time!

Happy days mate.

I started 4 weeks gardening leave yesterday so currently plotting exactly how many films, games and box sets I can complete in that time!

Tremendous! Go for the 100% on GTA V!

Back