• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things You Are HAPPY About Thread.

If you can name one of our tunes and a reason that you like it then I'm all ears! :icon_wink:

You lot can make fun of the venture, it doesn't bother me at all.

Just to be clear I'm not going to be in charge of the playlists I've got someone for that. Our music is going to be from the 50's, 60's, 70's & 80's.

Why do so many radio stations neglect the 90s!?!?

You lot can make fun of the venture, it doesn't bother me at all.

I don't have anything to make fun of, empty websites aren't really a comedic goldmine.

I'll keep your permission in hand though, thanks.

???? You just said you playing music from 50s-80s...

I don't have anything to make fun of, empty websites aren't really a comedic goldmine.

I'll keep your permission in hand though, thanks.

It's hardly empty anymore, we've got so much to show and although not my decision. It was decided that we'll unveil it piece by piece.

???? You just said you playing music from 50s-80s...

I can't say anymore other than watch the facebook page. link

I'm sorry for the all the shameful self advertisement to everyone here on the forum.

It's hardly empty anymore, we've got so much to show and although not my decision. It was decided that we'll unveil it piece by piece.

So I see. Your very first page is full of typos and syntax errors btw. And stuff like this:

We are Cannock Radio and yes we are based in the town centre at the Kingston Court Shopping Arcade.

Yes?!

I mean good luck and all, but don't use whoever's currently writing that blurb. They obviously can't do it properly.

So I see. Your very first page is full of typos and syntax errors btw. And stuff like this:

Yes?!

I mean good luck and all, but don't use whoever's currently writing that blurb. They obviously can't do it properly.

I didn't write it just for the record, I'm going to try and correct everything while I've got the free time. Thank you for pointing that out, I've been working on all the posters and flyers today.

I was about to post something about that James. I really think you need to get your content proof-read by someone who has an aptitude for language, grammar and presentation of the written word.

I was about to post something about that James. I really think you need to get your content proof-read by someone who has an aptitude for language, grammar and presentation of the written word.

To be honest, I wasn't happy for the site to go live as it was but now with some corrections of grammar and changing the pictures I'm a lot more happier.

Just for the record I really appreciate any help given.

It's not just grammar though, the whole thing doesn't read well. It's a lot of words that don't really say anything. You could apply them to any generic radio station anywhere in the world and you're seeking a bespoke local identity. It needs ripping up and starting again to be honest.

Part of my business is proofreading, it isn't just about tidying up spelling and grammar (if it were, Microsoft would have had the likes of me wiped out of that sector some time around 1993). Anyone checking that professionally with any inkling of what a radio station is and what your specified aims are would advise you to bin the lot.

Websites are easy to change, correct a shoddy one and it's as if the mistakes never even existed. For the love of God do not send out physical materials such as posters or flyers that are drafted to that standard.

Dude, I mean this with the greatest intentions, but that paragraph is the reason you shouldn't be the one doing the corrections. Stick to what you're good at and get someone else to work on the literature.

Dude, I mean this with the greatest intentions, but that paragraph is the reason you shouldn't be the one doing the corrections. Stick to what you're good at and get someone else to work on the literature.

I've made some changes even though I'm not great on the grammar stuff.

Had someone who knows what they are doing proof read the site and I hope it is up to standard now.

Back