• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things You Are HAPPY About Thread.

Being here.

pude7eda.jpg

I have spent the last couple of weeks without a phone and it's quite nice! The problem I have is for my coaching and work, it's hard to contact me in the daytime !

I dont have a problem with using them for work. What I find sad and rude is when the work day has ended and social time begins. To see a couple sitting having a meal, both phones on the table at the ready is about as rude to me as having your elbows on the table. Or someone goes up to the bar, first thing they do is out comes the phone ! People out for a coffee, all on their phones !! Call me old fashioned but fuck me , life can exist without one !!

What's the plan croxden?

We've been offered jobs at a fantastic school in Cairo!

I did hand in my notice before it was secured, as I wanted the school to have sufficient time to recruit my replacement. Bloody good job it's worked out.

We've been offered jobs at a fantastic school in Cairo!

I did hand in my notice before it was secured, as I wanted the school to have sufficient time to recruit my replacement. Bloody good job it's worked out.
Good luck matey!

I dont have a problem with using them for work. What I find sad and rude is when the work day has ended and social time begins. To see a couple sitting having a meal, both phones on the table at the ready is about as rude to me as having your elbows on the table. Or someone goes up to the bar, first thing they do is out comes the phone ! People out for a coffee, all on their phones !! Call me old fashioned but fuck me , life can exist without one !!
Agree. People are very obsessed with their phones.
Recently read the following excellent book which covers a lot of the issues around inline time & offline time:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/How-Thrive-Digital-Age-School/dp/1447202317

In other news:
The fact the james cd has arrived, & the vinyl is being delivered today.
The fact the weather is going to be ok tomorrow (golfing with my dad).
Having found 2 poster frames for less than half the price custom made frames would have cost.
That my new home is coming together nicely, & indeed can be called home.

Lovely sunny day, nice chilled out pint after running a few errands. Simple things. I couldn't have done this properly 18 months ago, I'd have had to get wasted as soon as I kicked off. I don't like patting myself on the back too much for what are, realistically, fairly simple tasks but it was a long way back from the non functioning piece of shit I'd become. Good times.

Lovely sunny day, nice chilled out pint after running a few errands. Simple things. I couldn't have done this properly 18 months ago, I'd have had to get wasted as soon as I kicked off. I don't like patting myself on the back too much for what are, realistically, fairly simple tasks but it was a long way back from the non functioning piece of shit I'd become. Good times.
That's good to hear Dan. You even smile these days :) Keep doing what you are doing , it suits you :)

World Cup channel package purchased . :)

England shirt arrived :) although not much give in it around the breast area :(

I got USA in my works sweep PPB so guess I am rooting for them ha!

I got USA in my works sweep PPB so guess I am rooting for them ha!

Good luck with that one b3h !!

Everyone I have spoken to here ,they are not the slightest bit interested in it . Which is a shame really :(

New 50" LED Smart TV being picked up tomorrow in time for the World Cup, as my current 40" LCD is on the blink.

Awesome. What have you gone for? Bought a new Samsung smart tv as the HDMI ports on my old one died. Only allowed a 32" though!
Got a refurbed one from the Tesco outlet on eBay for £230. Small scratch on the base, but perfect apart from that.
UE32F5300. It's great. The smart features are way better than I thought they would be.

I went for the Samsung UE50H6400 for £699 from Richer Sounds in Lichfield. Comes with a 5 year no quibble warranty too.

My old one started suffering from constantly switching itself off and back on every 30s after around 20 mins of being turned on. I soldered all new capacitors onto the power board as it's a common complaint with Samsung LCDs but it didn't fix it. It stays on for over an hour now but still no good long term. Nor did any of the other suggested fixes online so it must be a dodgy board which are between £150-300 for new ones off eBay. A local Samsung approved repair centre wanted £50 just to look at it before any repair bills, so I told them to get stuffed.

Watching my lad in his play with the Stafford Youth Theatre Group. One proud parent here.

Good luck matey!

URL]

Thanks, Warren.
There's an opera house there, so I should be able to (finally) get to hear some decent music - that's something else to be happy about, as well as seeing all the wonders of Ancient Egypt!

When someone opens a present and you instantly know by the look on the face that you did right in buying it.

Happy Buffday Mr Penguin .

Back