• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things You Are HAPPY About Thread.

I increased. & am a little delighted to have had the offer accepted!

Good to hear LJ - I trust that it will go through to completion without any hassle. I hope that you will still have enough garden for a veg patch as your tips have been useful for a novice like me.

Had a very quiet weekend which is what I needed after helping to run a residential trip for 25 10 & 11 yr olds from school last week - its amazing how much the volume increases when you put that many close together (a bit like the Richter scale I suppose)

Penguins Kris Letang ( age 26 ) who is making progress after having had a Stroke late January. Just goes to show that you can appear as fit as fuck, young, strong and athletic, and yet can still suffer one of these. Wishing Letang a full and speedy recovery and hope he will be back wearing his 58 in the near future :)

Welcoming the Gibson les Paul into the guitar collection. Absolutely immaculate and delivered with a complimentary hard case which is nice to say the least. Happy days.

Welcoming the Gibson les Paul into the guitar collection. Absolutely immaculate and delivered with a complimentary hard case which is nice to say the least. Happy days.

81386d1392692398t-your-best-acid-southpark_nice.png

Sooo Paddy do we get to see a picture of it?

All my sonic needs taken care of with those three I reckon. Maybe one day I might think about another but I have a six-string with Floyd Rose and Seymour Duncans (the ESP), a seven string with EMGs and Floyd (the Schecter), and now the Gibson to give me a six string with hard tail. Can't really see what else I would need.

The Gibson is a beaut mate. Congrats.

I'm in dubai getting nicely drunk on expenses in a dodgy bar which is playing Bruce Springsteen on repeat. Excellent!

I'm in dubai getting nicely drunk on expenses in a dodgy bar which is playing Bruce Springsteen on repeat. Excellent!

Oh well, at least the booze is paid for :icon_wink:

Oh well, at least the booze is paid for :icon_wink:

You can't beat a bit of the boss, especially when it's the video with Courtney Cox

They started playing Coldplay after, at which point I got maudlin and decided to drink more

All my sonic needs taken care of with those three I reckon. Maybe one day I might think about another but I have a six-string with Floyd Rose and Seymour Duncans (the ESP), a seven string with EMGs and Floyd (the Schecter), and now the Gibson to give me a six string with hard tail. Can't really see what else I would need.

Lovely Les Paul :)

Thank you sir. It already seems to be playing like a dream. Very decent action, nice and low, but no intonation problems yet. Will put it through the amp probably tomorrow. I like to have an acoustic go first to get a feel for the sound of the wood before giving it the full beans.

Does it feel heavy compared to what you're used to ?

No. Surprisingly so. LPs used to be like having a car around your neck as I remember, but I think Gibson now take a fair bit of wood out of the body in hollow bits. Machin probably knows more about that than I do. I certainly remember 70s LPs weighing an absolute bloody ton.

Don't you kids even talk to me about heavy guitars :

k20.jpg

Aluminium neck, would come off stage with a red groove in my shoulder :)

Back