• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things You Are HAPPY About Thread.

Didn't find it much of a problem in January TBH.

Absolutely glorious morning in London today. A far cry from what I woke up to in Bristol.

Day off today. Off to see some steam trains with my son and his grandads (might have to stop in the Railwaymans Arms while we're there...) then off to see John Bramwell with Mrs Langers tonight.

Absolutely glorious morning in London today. A far cry from what I woke up to in Bristol.

It's lovely isn't it?! Hoping that all games for my coaching will be on this weekend at last!

Day off, been in the garden tidying up, a definite stress reliever.

Lovely here, too. Hope to finally get back out kayaking tomorrow (I'm not good enough yet to do it in floods) and then up to Brentford.

Lovely here, too. Hope to finally get back out kayaking tomorrow (I'm not good enough yet to do it in floods) and then up to Brentford.

You're going to kyak from near that boat to Brentford???
Fucking hell!

You need to set off now then don't you?
Is there a river near the ground and...
will they let you in carrying a kyak...?

The Thames is about 200 yards from one corner of Griffin Park. Maybe SLA has a secret mooring....

You're going to kyak from near that boat to Brentford???
Fucking hell!

You need to set off now then don't you?
Is there a river near the ground and...
will they let you in carrying a kyak...?

The speed the river's running at the moment, it'd probably take all of half an hour to get to Brentford. But I don't really have the legs to be seen in a crowd wearing my kayaking gear so I'll probably drive.

By chance , I passed a small phone shop in Reading.I have had the phone repaired 5 times in 8 months.The usb port to charge the phone was cream crackered.They blamed me , for being rough with it.

I asked this young lad in the shop , if he'd have a look at it.He opened it up and told me , the people , who had repaired it before , had put a cheap copy inside my phone. He put a brand new origanal part in.He did it , in front of me.He charged me a £10.00.

So happy to be back in the UK.The lad was so polite and decent and on top my old samsung S2 is working perfectly.

I'm surprised he didn't mug you, given how dangerous & violent britain is nowadays...

Happy with a question.
After nearly 12 mths of struggling with my knee I finally got an MRI scan just before Christmas.
The outcome is I have a torn cartilage meniscus, I've been referred to a consultant orthopaedic surgeon wit a view to an anthroscopy.
Has anyone ever had key hole knee surgery?, and how long before you are able to drive again?

Happy with a question.
After nearly 12 mths of struggling with my knee I finally got an MRI scan just before Christmas.
The outcome is I have a torn cartilage meniscus, I've been referred to a consultant orthopaedic surgeon wit a view to an anthroscopy.
Has anyone ever had key hole knee surgery?, and how long before you are able to drive again?

Two weeks legally, about a week physically. The surgery is simple Trev and I presume you're a day patient. It's painful and having a shower is a pain in the arse for two weeks as you have to keep the dressings dry. The rehab is tough but after about 6 weeks it's all worth it as you'll feel a 100 times better than before you had the op. Good luck.

Cheers mate,
I'm lucky in that Bupa insurance cover was negotiated in our last pay claim and was implemented on Jan 1st, so it looks like I'll be getting it done at the Nuffield.

Cheers mate,
I'm lucky in that Bupa insurance cover was negotiated in our last pay claim and was implemented on Jan 1st, so it looks like I'll be getting it done at the Nuffield.

Great stuff, as a quirk of choose and book I had my last knee operation there. At the risk of going all Sid James, the nurses are very tidy.

The care's excellent though and you'll be right as rain in a few weeks.

Micro's team. Old Wulfs U9s North won their division winter trophy this morning. So very proud of the whole team for some tremendous play and particularly my son for his awesome goalkeeping.

Back