• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things You Are HAPPY About Thread.

Doing some decorating. Decided to get myself a proper brush for emulsion to do the 'cutting in' properly. Bit the bullet and paid €18.95 for a 4" Fleetwood 'professional' brush. Came out of the shop and found a €20.00 note blowing down the path. I'm €1.05 up and the brush is working a treat! Found a fiver in the garden yesterday as well? But that was probably mine anyway.

Can't believe you didn't take it down to the local police station!
Shocking!!

Some poor little paper boy saving up for a model for 10 months and the wind snatched it out of his hand and....

Strange you should say that Wolfie. I once had a visit from a paper boy who had lost £10 when collecting the weekly fees. He asked if I had found it to which I replied- No sorry. 10 minutes later I took a call from a friend asking if I was joining him for a few bevvies later that day but I declined because I was short on funds. Half an hour later when leaving the house I found a stray tenner on my drive which gave me the dilemna of either telephoning my mate back or the Newsagents.

I chose the Newsagents who informed me that the £10 had been found but he wasn't sure if the lads mother had found it in her purse so that her kid wasn't in any trouble. A most grateful paperboy soon turned up on my drive to collect the money his mum was out of pocket for.

An old woman in front of me at a cashpoint once left what looked like a £200 in the cashpoint and walked away. This gave me the dilemma, do I pinch her card too or am I happy at being £200 up.

Can't believe you didn't take it down to the local police station!
Shocking!!

Some poor little paper boy saving up for a model for 10 months and the wind snatched it out of his hand and....

Give it the Gardaí???
Anyway I was saving up for a model for years......Gave it up in the end and married the Mrs..

My mate had a first date with a girl who claimed that in her spare time she did a bit of modelling. She didn't have a clue what he was on about when his reply was - What, Airfix?

Well just got in from my last day of work, it's been a very long 2 weeks since I handed in my notice. Kinda sad in a way, but very excited with the new challenge I face with the new company.
On a plus note, (it's common practice, where I work at anyways) anyone that leaves cannot go back to the company, my boss upon leaving, did say that if things go belly up, that I am more than welcome to go back to the company as an engineer-which was nice to hear! :)

A beautiful sunny day in the West Country with blue skies & sun (which has not been seen for some time) - a real benefit after weeks of incessant rain

Even better I could not do any work in the garden as its still totally waterlogged so was just able to enjoy it without any guilt over what I should have been doing.

One of the guys I used to work with has been in touch about a possible role at the company he now works for. Combined with my interview on Friday I might actually be getting somewhere!

One of the guys I used to work with has been in touch about a possible role at the company he now works for. Combined with my interview on Friday I might actually be getting somewhere!

That is good news Jack. I hope it works out for you.

I'm happy about buying a new TV today,the old one (a miserable BEKO) lasted 17-18 years,so thanks for that too. :)

Now seven months and counting since I last had issues with my depression. It was actively ruining my life before so I'm really pleased that things have improved on that front.

Another couple of mugs to my collection. GTA 3 and GTA 4..... Courtesy of Footie Tat.

Back