• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things You Are HAPPY About Thread.

Some how managed to get myself two job interviews in 1 day!

One opportunity is up Derby way, not really vacancy but some recruitment guy i'd been in touch with had been ringing around and this company said they'd be interesting in adding some fresh blood to their planning team if the right person came along, so that's more of a chat with the manager over there to see what he thinks of me and previous work i've done to see if he wants to add me to his team. Travelling up there every day would be a bit inconvenient i suppose but having looked through the companies portfolio there's some really interesting stuff going on there, big projects and well varied too, they built St. Georges Park in Burton.

The other one is a job that i only applied for last night, the recruitment guy phoned me up this morning and asked me to send him a few examples of work i've done to pass onto his client, he's just phoned me again saying their construction director emailed back with the response 'blinding' which sounds about as positive as i could've ever hoped! This ones down in London and on the face of it the salary is absolutely ridiculous but with the cost of living down there, at least Mon-Fri, it's not going to be anything as special as it looks. Their work isn't as varied as the other company but they're still doing some massive jobs.

Nervous but excited, got to try and get the time off next week to get those interviews in now though!

Finally, a moving date! Now to get packed, and be skint forever.

Some how managed to get myself two job interviews in 1 day!

One opportunity is up Derby way, not really vacancy but some recruitment guy i'd been in touch with had been ringing around and this company said they'd be interesting in adding some fresh blood to their planning team if the right person came along, so that's more of a chat with the manager over there to see what he thinks of me and previous work i've done to see if he wants to add me to his team. Travelling up there every day would be a bit inconvenient i suppose but having looked through the companies portfolio there's some really interesting stuff going on there, big projects and well varied too, they built St. Georges Park in Burton.

The other one is a job that i only applied for last night, the recruitment guy phoned me up this morning and asked me to send him a few examples of work i've done to pass onto his client, he's just phoned me again saying their construction director emailed back with the response 'blinding' which sounds about as positive as i could've ever hoped! This ones down in London and on the face of it the salary is absolutely ridiculous but with the cost of living down there, at least Mon-Fri, it's not going to be anything as special as it looks. Their work isn't as varied as the other company but they're still doing some massive jobs.

Nervous but excited, got to try and get the time off next week to get those interviews in now though!

Sounds pretty good Mark. I guess I wouldn't really know about cost of living compared to elsewhere, probably hard to find somewhere cheap to live!

Finally, a moving date! Now to get packed, and be skint forever.

Glad to hear it!

Sounds pretty good Mark. I guess I wouldn't really know about cost of living compared to elsewhere, probably hard to find somewhere cheap to live!

Well i'd be working on a job in Battersea so i had a quick look earlier for some prices round there and nearby places with easy connections on the tube, prices seemed about double what i've seen things advertised as round here. To be fair the increased wage would cover and pretty much leave me with the same sort of money i have each month now but i might work out slightly better off because i wouldn't have to bother running a car if i moved down there permanently, getting a bit ahead of myself with it all yet anyway i think. Definitely intrigued by the idea though.

Yeah that's true, the tube takes you everywhere in minutes :D And yes, get offered the job first haha!

Just been on linked in to try and scout out some of the names that have been mentioned to me, not really sure what i was trying to achieve there to be honest, turns out someone who runs a small consultancy business in Coventry has sent me a message saying he'd be interested in having a chat with me about a potential opportunity. These recruitment people i've been in touch with must have been some busy people!

Living and working is something you should experience.

I really enjoyed it.

What was wrong with it?

I just put a new top on the convertible for the winter, got it back last week, very pleased!

EGR Valve and a broken spring on the drivers side.

How much was a new a top on your convertible?

Played football again :). Didn't need a "I'm going to be sick" pit-stop this time.

Did however plough into a wall and fall over twice (I'm quite fast and just judged it wrong haha, it's been a while)

Getting there...

They've just played The Liquidator on 6 music :)

That James is retiring from wrestling and concentrating on his radio career.

Back