• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things You Are HAPPY About Thread.

Pre-approved for a mortgage, so the house hunt is now in full swing....
But on the way home whilst talking about finances to the wife in the car I got pulled over for speeding by the local police...The officer initially said I was doing 60 in a 40, took my details and gave me a written warning, on the warning it stated 50 in a 40 zone!

Got a job offer in the post today, now for the super fun exercise of working how much it'll cost me in fuel to do a 100 mile round trip everyday and make sure there's enough extra money in their offer to cover it.

What a matchday build up!

Got a job offer in the post today, now for the super fun exercise of working how much it'll cost me in fuel to do a 100 mile round trip everyday and make sure there's enough extra money in their offer to cover it.

Cost me about £70 a week in diesel last year. Depends on the mpg of your car though.

Well my current car isn't really cut out for the long journeys, might have to reconsider my Megane 265 dream in favour of a diesel. Struggle to find anything I like though and to be honest I wouldn't be surprised if the Megane was better on fuel than my Clio on a long run so might just take the hit.

I was driving a 2l 1 series coupe but had a 6 speed gear box so the fuel consumption was good.

That was until the bastards made me redundant and I had to give it back - gutted.

I don't really like the look of the 1 series, even though the 123d could've been a decent drive. The new Leon is meant to be as good as anything in it's class and can be had with the engine from the Golf GT TDi but the interior is dull. The only other consideration was a TT TDi but I don't think you're allowed to use the car allowance for a 2 door/2 seater.

Well today is the day, after a nice week off tottering around the house and doing a few chores, I start my new job today! :)

I'm better. :)

Went on a run last night, felt fine (though I took it easy). Should be off the medication in a few days in plenty of time for an awesome day out on Saturday.

I'm better. :)

Went on a run last night, felt fine (though I took it easy). Should be off the medication in a few days in plenty of time for an awesome day out on Saturday.

Good stuff that man, if you are in the Western on Saturday you could buy me a pint to celebrate.....

Wait in the van on Monday for some twat halfway down the chain to actually extract his solicitor from a boozy lunch to press go on the money moving, you mean. Completion day is a right pain in the arse

Correct. Currently in wetherspoons with a van full of stuff in the car park....

Good stuff that man, if you are in the Western on Saturday you could buy me a pint to celebrate.....

We'll be there from 11 til around 1. We'll be the large group all dressed in our suits. Yes - I will accept a pint from you.

Pre-approved for a mortgage, so the house hunt is now in full swing....
But on the way home whilst talking about finances to the wife in the car I got pulled over for speeding by the local police...The officer initially said I was doing 60 in a 40, took my details and gave me a written warning, on the warning it stated 50 in a 40 zone!

You sure you didn't get 3 points?

I'm not sure , but if you were doing 50 or 60 in 40 mph zone you would get the same points.

Had a PieMinister for lunch today. You can never fail to enjoy your day after that, even if I had to have a veggie pie.

Back