• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The things that I really, really like thread...

Seeing and having a chat with Nuno in the garden centre in the week.. If I died tomorrow I'd die a happy wench. What a truly lovely bloke.

PS... He loves me garage floor!

Ooooh, which garden centre? He seems like a Albrighton GC man.

Ooooh, which garden centre? He seems like a Albrighton GC man.

Codsall & Wergs. I'd wandered off a bit but heard hubby say ' Good afternoon sir, so you are the one me wife's in love with' I turns back to see Nuno holding his hand out for me to shake. What an absolute lovely bloke. Showed him garage floor pics ' You did this for your wife, good job ' . The man is an absolute gentleman through and through.

Made my fucking day.

Seeing and having a chat with Nuno in the garden centre in the week.. If I died tomorrow I'd die a happy wench. What a truly lovely bloke.

PS... He loves me garage floor!

Fair play
Close the thread
It can't be topped!

Codsall & Wergs. I'd wandered off a bit but heard hubby say ' Good afternoon sir, so you are the one me wife's in love with' I turns back to see Nuno holding his hand out for me to shake. What an absolute lovely bloke. Showed him garage floor pics ' You did this for your wife, good job ' . The man is an absolute gentleman through and through.

Made my fucking day.
Brilliant story. The man is a legend, what he has done for Wolves and the fans is truly remarkable.

You never heard stories like this about Jackett or Lambert

Made my fucking day.

Nice!

Codsall and Wergs is a bit of a jaunt from yours!

Got myself down to 13 stone. That's my proper, optimum weight from when I used to play football. I knew I'd lost some weight (I can see it, I knew I was looking better) but didn't think I'd dropped quite that far.

Delighted with that, just got to stick at it now.

Well done Dan - you can stay there

Got down from 15 1/2 stone to just under 13 a couple of years ago & it's not gone back on. Have no real desire for the crap I cut out & the smaller meal sizes are still a meal & not really looking for anything else.

Well done Dan - you can stay there

Got down from 15 1/2 stone to just under 13 a couple of years ago & it's not gone back on. Have no real desire for the crap I cut out & the smaller meal sizes are still a meal & not really looking for anything else.

I've been around 15 stone for 2/3 years and would like to to hit 13 stone. Any tips and hints. Don't want to diet and I have an illness which means I can't exercise much.

Cheers

Don't do a diet, change your diet. Smaller portions, more fruit and veg, less saturated fat. It'll take time.

Yeah smaller portions, plenty of fish, lean meat and veg, and cut out the junk food. Fruit for inbetween. Bags of dried fruits are really good for snacks.

Do whatever exercise you can feel comfortable with (exercise bike at home?).

I've been around 15 stone for 2/3 years and would like to to hit 13 stone. Any tips and hints. Don't want to diet and I have an illness which means I can't exercise much.

Cheers

I didn't do a diet as such - just cut out innapropropriate items (cake, biscuits, snacks) & really don't miss them now plus as said changed what I ate to include more fruit & veg. This plus reducing the portion size (actually bought some smaller plates so the meal looks no different on the plate than it did before).

Cut my weight down by 2 1/2 stone & 2 inches off the waistline.

Don't really excercise that much (my knee damage prevents any high impact stuff) though since retiring walk almost everywhere unless I need to go out of town plus a bit of swimming as am fortunate to have a leisure centre at the end of the road.

I'm out every day walking. I can't run any more as there's a million things wrong with me, but 30+ minutes a day makes a decent impact.

A few press ups and sit ups a day at home, and a bit of shadow boxing (wouldn't mind fighting properly again, but a man approaching 40 probably shouldn't be getting back in the ring with blokes half his age).

I eat pretty well, I don't snack on anything. Keep off the booze in the week.

I'm out every day walking. I can't run any more as there's a million things wrong with me, but 30+ minutes a day makes a decent impact.

A few press ups and sit ups a day at home, and a bit of shadow boxing (wouldn't mind fighting properly again, but a man approaching 40 probably shouldn't be getting back in the ring with blokes half his age).

I eat pretty well, I don't snack on anything. Keep off the booze in the week.

Walking and cycling are about it for me too. I wouldnt fight anymore as my wicket keeping/ goalkeeping/ fighting hands and fingers ache through sport and old injuries. My advice to anyone trying to fight again after 40 is dont. Even the gum shield hurts!

Leave it to the experts

giphy.gif

Diet is die with a T.

I sit at 105 kg. 1.85m

Aye, booze is hugely calorific. Cutting down on that is an easy win.

All these matchdays hurt me!

We've got five home games in December FFS.

I was handy when I was about 24-25. Out of the game since then though, my ex didn't like it so I stopped. Too old now really.

Back