• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The things that I really, really like thread...

Umm, are poppers something different over there?

Umm, are poppers something different over there?

Not sure, here they are deep fried balls filled with cheese, might mean something completely different over there :)

Not sure, here they are deep fried balls filled with cheese, might mean something completely different over there :)
Yes definitely different here, small bottles of chemicals you sniff to make you feel a bit odd.

Wish I'd never mentioned poppers now :icon_lol: Anyway , no poppers left here, and we all have a glow on, but I think thats due to the wine :)

I tried it once in my younger days. Utter crap, unless you like all the blood rushing to your head and headaches.

Busy 2 weeks ahead, see you on the other side of the pond :)

Busy 2 weeks ahead, see you on the other side of the pond :)

Counting down now, flights on the big bird booked, and once landed PPB's username initials will stay the same. Only from then on, they will stand for ' Pork Pie Babe ' :)

Gayle King, what a professional. Don't think I could have kept as cool.

ANPoJz.gif

I just had to gif this line though!

Most colleagues have been popping by and giving me reassurance today. I still feel terrible for fucking up, but my god the support from others has been truly a godsend.

It has taken time to sink in, but the acknowledgement that a human error took place is starting to settle.

Also, knowing colleagues don't see my cock up as a defining characteristic is really helping me.

Think I'm calming down a bit now, which means I can hopefully enjoy the weekend.

Most colleagues have been popping by and giving me reassurance today. I still feel terrible for fucking up, but my god the support from others has been truly a godsend.

It has taken time to sink in, but the acknowledgement that a human error took place is starting to settle.

Also, knowing colleagues don't see my cock up as a defining characteristic is really helping me.

Think I'm calming down a bit now, which means I can hopefully enjoy the weekend.

A problem shared is a problem halved and all that....
GDPR is still a new thing mate, I know for sure that I've done stuff thats non compliant, and I know our business needs to tighten up on it in general, so you won't be lynched as most people are clueless on how it works. You will be fine. We always build these things up in our heads to make them worse than they actually are.

I'd mind less if I hadn't worked for confidential services most of my working life!
It has been nice that the head of dept called in and said it's a human error, and reminded me how good a job I've done across the past few years.

edit - should add, I'm probably being harder on myself than anything. Perhaps my standards are too high...

I'd mind less if I hadn't worked for confidential services most of my working life!
It has been nice that the head of dept called in and said it's a human error, and reminded me how good a job I've done across the past few years.

edit - should add, I'm probably being harder on myself than anything. Perhaps my standards are too high...

Wouldn't beat yourself up LJ - sounds as if your colleagues (& more importantly those above) have accepted that this was merely a mistake. I know that in my 47 yrs at work there are things I did that I really wish that I hadn't & were a real fuck up (from a commercial view rather than anyone getting hurt).

Bit of aggro in the short term, but doesn't define your life.

We all fuck up now and then. Don't worry about it (coming from a man who doubts himself all the time for no reason)

Back