• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

I'm no tactician and I realise Sasa doesn't have the mobility/athleticism GON would like but surely he'd be a great back up to Larsen for second half of the season. That's all assuming he has any level of fitness at all which I have serious doubts about.
This is the weird bit for me. I had assumed that Gary didn’t like Saša because I of tactical fit (or lack thereof). But he seems in a similar mold as JSL to me?

Odd one all around IMV.

Done.

Should I close this one now?

Mats Hummels is off elsewhere. Joel Matip has been broken for several seasons. Brandon Williams is a bit shit.

Oh - plus Rabiot and especially his agent, seem to be the embodiment of failing a "no dickheads" policy

TWF Bingo would definitely include the no dickheads policy

There is nobody within that 11 I would actually want to sign though tbf
Oh don't get me wrong, I agree. Although with Brandon Williams you can just see it, can't you? Free, homegrown, cheap, still quite young, point to prove and in a position where we literally have one player.

I'm not actually sure where we are with squad space etc at this point, and I suspect Gaz will be left to get on with it with just RAN & Toti who can feasibly play at left back (I'm not including Doc for obvious reasons). Plus Williams isn't great - but you can just see it.

Oh don't get me wrong, I agree. Although with Brandon Williams you can just see it, can't you? Free, homegrown, cheap, still quite young, point to prove and in a position where we literally have one player.

I'm not actually sure where we are with squad space etc at this point, and I suspect Gaz will be left to get on with it with just RAN & Toti who can feasibly play at left back (I'm not including Doc for obvious reasons). Plus Williams isn't great - but you can just see it.
Williams wouldn't improve a Championship squad, he's terrible and we would be stupid to do it

Williams wouldn't improve a Championship squad, he's terrible and we would be stupid to do it
Yes, but we need to consider the Jeff Shi factor.

(I'm not advocating his signing, but he helped Ipswich get promoted last season & scored a couple of goals from full back - you can easily see Shi/Hobbs being that stupid)

I think you can take the Shi factor out of it, his scouting knowledge began and ended with Jorge telling him Fabio was ace (although if Jeff was looking at that 11....he would pointing and shouting at Sergio Ramos "I know that player")

Hobbs *could* be that stupid, I mean he signed Doc and if we had missed out on a left back in the summer maybe, but it has been a decision made by Hobbs and GO that our LB position will be

RAN - Toti - Doc - Semedo

That isn't by accident, that is what they have decided to do so that makes it highly unlikely we will be raiding the out of contract market.

Hobbs *could* be that stupid, I mean he signed Doc and if we had missed out on a left back in the summer maybe, but it has been a decision made by Hobbs and GO that our LB position will be

RAN - Toti - Doc - Semedo
Answered it yourself there. He signed Doc and has left us with one natural left back in the squad.

He *is* that stupid... (but we probably aren't even looking at him)

Answered it yourself there. He signed Doc and has left us with one natural left back in the squad.
Because that was the plan. We would be that stupid if we had been chasing a LB all summer, but we haven't. We will just use the other stupid fullback signing as an option on that side. We are doing stupid but not in the way you think we may

used the word stupid way too much there. Stupid.

If it means GON doesn't play Semedo at LB if RAN is injured, and Doc at RB, then I'd be all for signing Williams on a short term deal.

Back