• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

5m seems too cheap to me, surely the whole point of selling a player to a Saudi club is so you get an over inflated price? Although he's a little shit, he's a decent player, surely even at European prices his value is a least 10m? I guess the club just wanted rid at any price.

IIRC, last summer he agreed to a contract extension which meant that we've got £5m in the bank now instead of nothing. He was in a high profile shop window having been on a run to win the Europa Conference League last season so I doubt there was a higher market price on offer.
Despite his foibles he did OK for us and contributed in his time here.

5m seems too cheap to me, surely the whole point of selling a player to a Saudi club is so you get an over inflated price? Although he's a little shit, he's a decent player, surely even at European prices his value is a least 10m? I guess the club just wanted rid at any price.
He was under contract, you can't sell him, if he won't sign. He wanted the money, so we keep him and his volatile personality and he walks next Summer or we take what we can now. It's the same fee Olympiakos could have signed him for at the end of last season but he didn't want the wages they offered.

Something really weird has happened behind closed doors with Sa.
Certainly looks that way. It's unsettling. And perhaps he doesn't like competition for his place?

I think we tried to make Sa sign for someone, he didn't want to, and now we're punishing him.

He was under contract, you can't sell him, if he won't sign. He wanted the money, so we keep him and his volatile personality and he walks next Summer or we take what we can now. It's the same fee Olympiakos could have signed him for at the end of last season but he didn't want the wages they offered.
Yeah, I know I'm just shouting at the moon really, just frustrates me when we pay way over the odds for players, yet when we sell its sometimes way below market value.

I presume it’s not simply because Bentley is home grown?

That doesn't matter when you're naming a matchday squad. Assuming we are going to name Sa in the squad submitted to the Premier League (13th Sep I think is the deadline) and we're within the HG limits (I am fairly sure we are) then it makes no difference whether he sits on the bench or Bentley does.

No chance Sasa is fit before Christmas and O'Neil doesn't rate him anyway so he'll miss out.

It's a shame, I think with the amount of runners we have in the side we could make use of him despite his obvious lack of pace, he's a good footballer and a good finisher, but Gaz doesn't see it that way.

I'm no tactician and I realise Sasa doesn't have the mobility/athleticism GON would like but surely he'd be a great back up to Larsen for second half of the season. That's all assuming he has any level of fitness at all which I have serious doubts about.

It's a shame, I think with the amount of runners we have in the side we could make use of him despite his obvious lack of pace, he's a good footballer and a good finisher, but Gaz doesn't see it that way.
He's likely lost a significant amount of ability due to injury though.

Back