• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

Late to the party...but I'm baffled why Neto would choose Chelsea. They are a complete basket case of a club and they aren't going to be any better next season than they were last. I'm disappointed we are only getting the fee we are getting because I believe he is worth more than that. However, I understand the injury record issue. Above all, I'm disappointed we'll lose a player I have enjoyed immensely and truly one of our bright sparks. You always feel he can turn a game or do something special and losing that, above all, means our team will suffer.

If he goes, and I wouldn't blame him if he has second thoughts, then I'll wish him every success in the world as he has been terrific for us. I just don't want him coming back to haunt us. I hate modern football where clubs like Chelsea get to keep on spending money and we struggle to keep our best players.

Late to the party...but I'm baffled why Neto would choose Chelsea. They are a complete basket case of a club and they aren't going to be any better next season than they were last. I'm disappointed we are only getting the fee we are getting because I believe he is worth more than that. However, I understand the injury record issue. Above all, I'm disappointed we'll lose a player I have enjoyed immensely and truly one of our bright sparks. You always feel he can turn a game or do something special and losing that, above all, means our team will suffer.

If he goes, and I wouldn't blame him if he has second thoughts, then I'll wish him every success in the world as he has been terrific for us. I just don't want him coming back to haunt us. I hate modern football where clubs like Chelsea get to keep on spending money and we struggle to keep our best players.
He’s got to pass a medical first 😉

Not really a "modern" thing is it. If I look back at the Liverpool team who were dominant when I first started watching football, Venison, Burrows, Houghton, McMahon, Spackman, Barnes, Beardsley and Aldridge were all players they'd just cherrypicked off other English teams when they fancied it. Couple of overseas imports in Hysen and Molby.

Man Utd then did it all the way through the 90s.

There's also the fact that we can treat a ton of European clubs similarly just by virtue of being in the Prem.

Deals will start rolling now. Still many things could happen. Chiquinho, Sarabia, Guedes all potentially can be upgraded/replaced now we have the funds to play with.
One left winger, one right sided attacker and a striker.
Why would we need an extra left winger? We have G-Rod, Hwang, Cunha and Bellegarde who can all play off the left. Not to mention Podence and Guedes.

Right side is much more important to give us some balance and cover.

Why would we need an extra left winger? We have G-Rod, Hwang, Cunha and Bellegarde who can all play off the left. Not to mention Podence and Guedes.

And you gave me shit for Lemons!

The left winger is the real width holder, hugs the touchline. Rodrigo Gomes plus one. Depends if Chiquinho is upgraded or not. Cunha, Hwang, Bellegarde, Podence & Guedes are not that player.

Reiss Nelson is one name I’ve heard. We’d probably want a loan with an option.
Well that’s amusing. Was it about 18 months ago I first mentioned his name on here?

I don’t mind Nelson. He needs to settle down and get regular football at this point in his career and I’ve always liked the look of him.

As for Neto, gutted that he’s going and even worse that it’s to bloody Chelsea. He’ll go down as another transfer success story for Wolves, though.

Surprised to hear we’re not looking for another LB when Hugo goes. RAN gets injured/suspended and we’re playing Doc. I know Rodrigo could play there, but without Neto we’ll want him further forward.

Hope we’ve got some players lined up and can get some business done pre-Arsenal.

Well that’s amusing. Was it about 18 months ago I first mentioned his name on here?

I don’t mind Nelson. He needs to settle down and get regular football at this point in his career and I’ve always liked the look of him.

As for Neto, gutted that he’s going and even worse that it’s to bloody Chelsea. He’ll go down as another transfer success story for Wolves, though.

Surprised to hear we’re not looking for another LB when Hugo goes. RAN gets injured/suspended and we’re playing Doc. I know Rodrigo could play there, but without Neto we’ll want him further forward.

Hope we’ve got some players lined up and can get some business done pre-Arsenal.
Toti will be a left back option, tucking inside.

Back