• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

If Hugo really is going to Feyenoord then we must have a LB coming in. Doherty is not an option.
We were rumoured to be the English club who bid €5m for Francisco Moura at Familicao (along with Norwich). I think they are holding out for closer to €10m as he has a release clause just under that.

Last edited:
Why the hell are we selling Neto ?????
Because he wants to continue his career and play in the Champions League, and we agreed to let him go for a decent fee.

Lycan will probably know much more about him but would Ricardo Velho be a decent Sa replacement?

So it's all about what he wants. He's only just got off the treatment table.
Not impressed.
If you thought a player like Neto would be content knocking around mid table with us for the rest of his career, you were always going to be disappointed.

We've had some great years out of a great player, he's been a good servant and a model professional for us, he's going for good money, and he should go with our thanks for it all.

Last edited:
If you thought a player like Neto would be content knocking around mid table with us for the rest of his career, you were always going to be disappointed.

We've had some great years out of a great player, he's been a great servant and a model professional for us, he's going for good money, and he should go with our thanks for it all.
Just to add that's exactly what the club sells itself on. The reason a Joao Gomes wants to sign for us is because we'll point to examples like Jota. We don't sign Neto in the first place unless Mendes knows he can flip him on at the right time. That would have been a couple of years ago if it weren't for the injuries

We've had some great years out of a great player, he's been a great servant and a model professional for us, he's going for good money, and he should go with our thanks for it all.
Injured far too often. But we will miss him.

I'm disappointed it's Chelsea he's gone to, they are one of the 3 clubs I really didn't want signing him, along with Man Utd and Newcastle. I'd have wished him every success if he'd gone to say, Arsenal or Liverpool, but I don't want to see Chelsea have any success, they are a despicable club.

Injured far too often. But we will miss him.
Which is why over £50m is a good deal. The reality is he's had 3 good months in 3 years. He's not a £50m player if fit (£20-30m more) and he's not one when injured. I'll miss him, I think he's made a poor decision club wise, but from a Wolves perspective it's the only sensible option - even before considering any prior agreement

Last edited:
£50m plus addons is the right fee given his injury history. I was hoping for a bit more in addons personally though.

Which is why over £50m is a good deal. The reality is he's had 3 good months in 3 years. He's not a £50m player if fit (£20-30m more) and he's not one when injured. I'll miss him, I think he's made a poor decision club wise, but from a Wolves perspective it's the only sensible option - even before considering any prior agreement
I totally agree. But I hate the fact he has gone to Chelsea!

I'm disappointed it's Chelsea he's gone to, they are one of the 3 clubs I really didn't want signing him, along with Man Utd and Newcastle. I'd have wished him every success if he'd gone to say, Arsenal or Liverpool, but I don't want to see Chelsea have any success, they are a despicable club.
Worst of the lot.

£50m plus addons is the right fee given his injury history. I was hoping for a bit more in addons personally though.
More importantly it’s 95% of it upfront by the looks, unlike the jota deal.

Sad to see him go. Read somewhere he’s averaged 29 games for club and country over the last 5 years and missed over 100 games. When you strip it back, 50m isn’t a bad deal when you take that into account.

More importantly it’s 95% of it upfront by the looks, unlike the jota deal.

Sad to see him go. Read somewhere he’s averaged 29 games for club and country over the last 5 years and missed over 100 games. When you strip it back, 50m isn’t a bad deal when you take that into account.
I think you've conflated payment terms with add ons

Back