• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

Elsewhere Marseille are signing Nketiah on loan with a £30m obligation to buy. You'd think that ends their interest in Hwang.
He is on Bournemouth's list as well to replace Solanke

This isn't a case where we can muddle around and replace him from within the squad. We need to replace him with quality.

This is the second successive summer where we've made >£100M in sales, there's still more profit to be made from the assorted shite we've managed to fill our squad with and we've barely spent anything yet.

Quality replacements should have already been identified and I expect movement on that front soon. Fail to do that and all this talk from Hobbs etc about aiming for Europe is just that, talk.

Do not forget how much we've just had to pay for our tickets and who we're being 'benchmarked' against. I expect us to act like a serious football club in this instance, not one playing at being a Premier League club.

Doubt whether he'll have much say, he'll do as uncle Jorge tells him. Just like when he signed for us in the first place
Maybe, although reports are saying he was keen on the move.
Seems we were offered Chalobah and Fofana but we wanted cash which suggests to me the players we want are already earmarked.

Maybe, although reports are saying he was keen on the move.
Seems we were offered Chalobah and Fofana but we wanted cash which suggests to me the players we want are already earmarked.
Or there's a bank account earmarked.

They've made all kinds of baffling and infuriating calls in all aspects of running the club since 2020, they'll probably carry on doing it too, but I think we can put the "they're siphoning off funds for themselves" theories in the bin. You can't take money out of a football club like that.

They've made all kinds of baffling and infuriating calls in all aspects of running the club since 2020, they'll probably carry on doing it too, but I think we can put the "they're siphoning off funds for themselves" theories in the bin. You can't take money out of a football club like that.
You can overpay an agent who you have a financial link with. How much of that £50m will end up staying in a Wolves bank account?

Made an assumption Chalobah would have been an upgrade but if those that have seen more of him than me think he's overrated then fair enough.
As we turned that down and wanted cash then guessing we have someone else we want

I’d imagine they will have planned for this. Irrelevant of what we think of Fosun, Hobbs deserves the benefit on the doubt IMO thus far. It’s long been touted Neto was likely going to go, so if they hadn’t planned for the eventuality, then there’s no hope.

Would’ve liked a higher fee, however the fact we got rid of kilman for what we did makes that feel slightly better.

No idea on Forbs. (List joke pending) Imagine we will have a few players linked over the next couple of days.

To be fair, we'd also have endless moaning about him being called Trevoh rather than Trevor

He really should be from Manchester with that name.

If Hugo really is going to Feyenoord then we must have a LB coming in. Doherty is not an option.
Doherty shouldn’t have been an option last year so don’t hold your breath! If Toti is considered primarily a CH and Bueno goes it would be gross negligence not to bring a LB in.

He is on Bournemouth's list as well to replace Solanke
Unless we get a silly bid then I think Hwang is a very useful squad player. Certainly for the goals he gets, and if he links well with Rodrygo then his stock could rise even more.

Doubt whether he'll have much say, he'll do as uncle Jorge tells him. Just like when he signed for us in the first place
We agreed to let him go if a suitable bid was made. I'd imagine a club like Chelsea would be attractive given the rebuild they are doing with their team to push for Champions League. I'd be a bit unsure of working under Maresca though as he seems a bit of a clown who thinks he's Pep but with no Plan B.

Back