• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

If we stick with four at the back then at the Emirates it'll be Hwang behind Strand Larsen and Rodrigo and Sarabia either side, as it was vs Leipzig.

If we change to three CHs (I know we're trying to move away from it and I welcome that, but it's Arsenal away and Cunha isn't available it seems, so we might go more conservative) then one of Rodrigo or Sarabia will miss out.

I'm not against us directly replacing Neto but we do have a LOT of wide players in the squad (opinions will vary on how good they are). We need a CH far more as Yerson has never played PL football and Toti has his limitations, while the other two CHs do instinctively look to be too slow to play in a pair. We also need far better than Bentley to challenge (or replace, who knows) Sa and it'd be good to have a proper back up to/competition for Strand Larsen as neither Cunha nor Hwang are really out and out strikers.

With this money then we should be able to fill those gaps with quality, if we don't then it'll be a failing on the club's part.

I'd rather Rayan was on the wing than at LB but I suppose that's just me.

BBC reporting it as 60m Euros plus 3m addons. Which is £54m.

"Chelsea finally struck a deal with Wolves - an initial 60m euros with 3m euros in add-ons - after having two bids rejected.

The Blues' player-plus-cash deal earlier this week was rejected then a straight cash offer was also turned down on Thursday evening."

It’d be quite nice to flog Podence and Guedes as well and use the Neto money to get a new wide player and at least one centre back. Maybe a keeper too?
Get rid of that pair (I'd sooner keep Podence out of the two but I'd rather they both went), Cundle can go for a Giles-style fee to a top end Championship club, then get what we can for crap like Fabio, Hoever and Hodge, and accept Arsenal's latest £1 increment bid for Bentley.

50m+ seems about right to me given his injury record plus ad DW says he doesn't score often enough to hit a really big fee.
I'm a bit surprised if he wants to go to Chelsea though, absolute basket case.

Get rid of that pair (I'd sooner keep Podence out of the two but I'd rather they both went), Cundle can go for a Giles-style fee to a top end Championship club, then get what we can for crap like Fabio, Hoever and Hodge, and accept Arsenal's latest £1 increment bid for Bentley.
Definitely Podence over Guedes. The others should bring in enough to upgrade Bentley and we should be able to bring in a forward and CH with the Kilman and Neto money. Just need a LB and good to go.

I once asked Dominic Iorfa if he fancies playing further forward, I actually think he laughed at me as well as Kenny and Paddy pissing themselves.

Would've liked to see have seen Neto stay and play balls in to Strand Larsen. But with hamstring problems, it's a good move. Now just bring in 2-3 more players like Rodrigo Gomes and this will be OK

50m+ seems about right to me given his injury record plus ad DW says he doesn't score often enough to hit a really big fee.
I'm a bit surprised if he wants to go to Chelsea though, absolute basket case.
Doubt whether he'll have much say, he'll do as uncle Jorge tells him. Just like when he signed for us in the first place

Back