• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

Bueno would have been alright in that role and in line with the level of quality we'd expect. A clear drop off, but a reasonable fill in without disrupting the rest of the team. I understand him going out on loan and I think it'll be the best thing for him, but it leaves us short and 'we'll have to build up in another way' is easy to say, but hard in practice.

We've seen before both sides of the lack of depth argument, like any insurance it's a waste of money until you need it.

Ever since reading about Francisco Moura at Famalição, and that he was regarded as one of if not the best LB in Portugal last season, AND that he's available for less than €10m, I'm fully aboard the "why the hell isn't a club renowned for buying young talented Portuguese players not insta buying him as backup to RAN?“ train.

@Lycan - Is he any good? He sounds very attacking and great at passing and crossing, and can play both FB and WB.

Yeah he's quality. Solid defensively, tall, and going forward he can use both feet. Loves a trivela with both feet as well, makes him really hard to defend against because he can go either side.

Yeah he's quality. Solid defensively, tall, and going forward he can use both feet. Loves a trivela with both feet as well, makes him really hard to defend against because he can go either side.
€8.5m release clause I read.... Get on it Hobbs!!

Reiss Nelson is 25 soon and has had one good half season (six years ago now) ever. Stay well away from him.
I believe it's a law that Wolves must sign 1 player a year that you will hate on. So, that one is probably nailed on to happen.

Oh and talking of trains I'm still aboard the Morgan Whittaker at Plymouth train. Another one that would cost very little, is in a position we now need (right midfield) and his output for an almost relegated Championship club was fantastic (19G, 8A) .
Apparently Rangers had a bid of £7m turned down, and Plymouth are holding out for £10m.

That's still cheap for a young English player with that sort of output in the 2nd tier IMO. There must be something wrong with him or surely more clubs would be all over him. I read he tailed off in the 2nd half of last season, when they changed manager so maybe he only works in a very specific role or something.

£15m for two highly rated young players in positions we need....

Linked with Fabio Carvalho again according to Twitter. Had a good preseason for Liverpool.

I like Fabio Carvalho and he can play a number of those forward positions. Id want him on a permanent or loan with option though not a straight loan

Linked with Fabio Carvalho again according to Twitter. Had a good preseason for Liverpool.
Isn't their asking price close to £30m.

Rejected £15m from Southampton so far.

Yeah Carvalho would be really good I think, doubt we’d pay what they want

Yes in hindsight, still doesn't mean we should sign up to those type of deals though

I’ve no interest in signing any player on loan, whatsoever.

See absolutely zero point in developing other teams players.

Unless it’s with an option to buy, obviously.

Back