• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Jonny has been playing LB in La Liga for years and attracting Atletico to buy him, I'm hazarding a guess that he's alright there and can use his left foot fine

One year, before last season he played RB.

My maim worry is whether the midfield two has enough defensive discipline tbh. Saiss made both wingbacks look less vulnerable last season by dropping in to cover and then being able to actually defend. There's a difference between dropping in to cover and getting rinsed because that's not your game, and dropping in the cover competently. I do worry that the neves and moutinho partnership is a little arrogant tbh. Neves has a good attitude defensively but let's be honest he just legs people up most of the time :icon_lol:

Based on the 45 minutes together I thought this too.
I thought Neves seemed somewhat subdued with Moutinho on the pitch to be honest.
Not pantwetting...just an observation.
Also if the balls going back to Rui then it needs to be to his right foot, he seems less sure on the other side, I noticed this during the world cup too.

Other way round. He's left footed. His right is hopeless.

Where have you got that from? Everything I’ve read says he’s pretty exclusively played left back for Celta?

Last two seasons he’s played exclusively as a left back, going back before that he’s played between LB and RB, even a couple of stunts at CB.

My maim worry is whether the midfield two has enough defensive discipline tbh. Saiss made both wingbacks look less vulnerable last season by dropping in to cover and then being able to actually defend. There's a difference between dropping in to cover and getting rinsed because that's not your game, and dropping in the cover competently. I do worry that the neves and moutinho partnership is a little arrogant tbh. Neves has a good attitude defensively but let's be honest he just legs people up most of the time :icon_lol:

This concerns me a bit too, Saiss complements Neves brilliantly and by moving him we also might weaken our defence as Bennett was excellent last season.

One year, before last season he played RB.

103c5a4a607eeb02a535b0054954eb84.png

I think Jonny may have been intended to replace\compete with Doherty. Be interesting to see if we bring in another left wing back (though a centre half is desperately needed).

I bow to your superior knowledge of arrogant centre midfielders that don't pull their wait defensively tbh...

I've no problem with Nuno trying the pairing but he can't do it without a RCB and RWB that aren't strong defensively (or LWB if Castro moves over). Saiss is good cover for CM.

As Penk pointed out an experiment at this stage of the season is fine, if it doesn't work Nuno will ditch it quickly. It will be interesting to see if he puts Saiss there again, personally I think Saiss would be much better on the other side with Boly moving to the right however if we are going to do that I would much rather Hause be in the side in his place who I still think has a bright future with Wolves (he is also light years ahead of Batth).

There may be a few more little experiments before the season starts, its fine to acknowledge it doesn't look like it will work but come the Everton game the experiments will stop and we will find out how we are shaping up.

I still think a lot depends on the signings coming in, if Zinchenko and Mina rock up next week things will look a lot different.

As Penk pointed out an experiment at this stage of the season is fine, if it doesn't work Nuno will ditch it quickly. It will be interesting to see if he puts Saiss there again, personally I think Saiss would be much better on the other side with Boly moving to the right however if we are going to do that I would much rather Hause be in the side in his place who I still think has a bright future with Wolves (he is also light years ahead of Batth).

There may be a few more little experiments before the season starts, its fine to acknowledge it doesn't look like it will work but come the Everton game the experiments will stop and we will find out how we are shaping up.

I still think a lot depends on the signings coming in, if Zinchenko and Pepe rock up next week things will look a lot different.

FIFY

Pepe linked again this afternoon, unless that is what you are already referring to of course! I still don't see it happening

Fulham in advanced talks to sign Mawson. That’ll be some signing for them (along with bringing back Mitrovic). Fulham will be no pushovers next season.

Pepe linked again this afternoon, unless that is what you are already referring to of course! I still don't see it happening

@ntvspor are saying bid in and we are in talks with Besiktas

Fulham in advanced talks to sign Mawson. That’ll be some signing for them (along with bringing back Mitrovic). Fulham will be no pushovers next season.

Fulham will do well this season. If they add Mawson and another decent defender then their transfer window has been pretty superb

@ntvspor are saying bid in and we are in talks with Besiktas

Can’t imagine we’d be in for him AND Rojo- would imagine we’d only want one centre back.

Personally, I’ve always disliked Pepe - he’s a lot of the things I hate about modern football. Knows how to win though, he’s a lot like Ramos.

I haven't watched any of the Turkish league this season (I know, do I even football?) is he still any good? Presume he's still basically the biggest cunt on any football pitch in the world at any one time, but you can cope with that if he's still the business

He still looked fit enough at the World Cup. But he's still a massive, massive vagina.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back