• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
:icon_lol:

Needs to be someone who is decent with spreadsheets due to the sheer volume of links. Machin?

I think we'll sign a centre back this week and it will be someone that has yet to be mentioned on any platform (i.e. not Mina, Rojo etc).

Also, when the window is done & dusted, it will take someone a while, but can we get a complete list of players that we've been linked to and haven't signed - along with the source of that rumour, so when the next window roles around and they start posting links to players like Marcus Rashford, we can tell them to pipe down? I've been amazed by the way things snowball on social media once a player gets linked - to the point fans on Twitter etc have signed up players in their heads and then get upset when one of the Tim's come along to say they're "wide of the mark".

Hey I'm still waiting for us to talk to Rashford when he gets back from the world cup

E&S reckons we have had a bid rejected for Traore

Tim Spiers
‏@tim_spiers_Star
Traore latest...Wolves have had a bid rejected (fee unknown) with Boro not willing to sell for less than £18m release clause. I'm told if Traore does join it won't mean Cavaleiro leaves. Still part of plans

E&S reckons we have had a bid rejected for Traore

Tim Spiers
‏@tim_spiers_Star
Traore latest...Wolves have had a bid rejected (fee unknown) with Boro not willing to sell for less than £18m release clause. I'm told if Traore does join it won't mean Cavaleiro leaves. Still part of plans

In Nuno we trust........

But really I don't see it, hopefully i'll be wrong and he will come and be a top player.

If we are paying 6-10 million as a young up and coming squad player then fair enough (bearing in mind we paid 7 million for Cav) but 18 million is ridiculous.

Why? It’s not like he’s only played a handful of games. Player of the year at his club, they value him far higher than his release clause, clearly recognised as a massive amount of potential, with hugely inflated fees being paid this year. Why is £18m ridiculous? Feels like market rate to me - it’s not 1990 any more.

Why? It’s not like he’s only played a handful of games. Player of the year at his club, they value him far higher than his release clause, clearly recognised as a massive amount of potential, with hugely inflated fees being paid this year. Why is £18m ridiculous? Feels like market rate to me - it’s not 1990 any more.
Kind of agree with this, but it IS a ridiculous fee relative to what we've paid for players as good as or better than Adama.

Kind of agree with this, but it IS a ridiculous fee relative to what we've paid for players as good as or better than Adama.

With assistance from Uncle Jorge...

Yeah kinda - but Cav and Helder for example weren’t massive successes previously, so didn’t command a premium.

Tbh I reckon if anybody in the bottom half signed Toure for £18m and started him 25+ times in the league next season, they'd have an asset worth £30m plus on their hands. He's not going to be the best player in the world, and he'll always frustrate - but in the wider Premier League transfer market, that's fuck all money for a player that will always attract interest, and come up with decent figures with the advantage of a blinding highlights reel

The main problem with Traore for me is that he's not an improvement on anyone we've got in the starting eleven. He could potentially be a superb player for us in the fullness of time, but I wouldn't be willing to bump Costa or Cavaleiro for the player he is right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back