• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spurs would want a small fortune for Rose.

Going by what Jeff said that's not really what we're about.

Maybe Davies has been told he is first choice and Rose has said he wants games. Doubt we’d buy him but could possibly be a loan to put him in the shop window?

We are in a tricky position where we don’t want to sign average players but the good players won’t come. Signing the good players on year loans allows us to not waste money on players who aren’t good enough for where we want to be but allows good players not to have to commit to us but give us a year to raise our profile. We will hopefully then be more attractive.

Not saying this specifically for Rose but more of a general transfer strategy

Maybe Davies has been told he is first choice and Rose has said he wants games. Doubt we’d buy him but could possibly be a loan to put him in the shop window?

We are in a tricky position where we don’t want to sign average players but the good players won’t come. Signing the good players on year loans allows us to not waste money on players who aren’t good enough for where we want to be but allows good players not to have to commit to us but give us a year to raise our profile. We will hopefully then be more attractive.

Not saying this specifically for Rose but more of a general transfer strategy

Would agree with this - we may have to move away from the 'loan with a right to buy' scenario that we used last year to bridge the gap between a newly promoted team & one which becomes more established.

If the player improves us, but is only on loan with no buy in then we may have to accept that that is where we are

We can still have a loan with an agreed fee. The player could still decide not to sign permanently at the end of it.

We can still have a loan with an agreed fee. The player could still decide not to sign permanently at the end of it.

Fair point, but what I was intending is where the club don't want to let the player go, but he needs games to develop which he won't get enough of by staying with them (this probably is only appropriate to players just under the first team at a top 5/6 side)

Danny Rose isn't in the developing stage is he? Established top quality player. Bung huge bunce and get him permanently. It would be a massive statement signing.

Danny Rose isn't in the developing stage is he? Established top quality player. Bung huge bunce and get him permanently. It would be a massive statement signing.

No Rose isn't in the developing stage, but if he's not getting games then may want a move away - throw money at it is fine, but if its only on a loan as they want to keep him (still has 3 yrs on his contract) then would still take him for this year

Would suit our system down to the ground but I can't see this happening. No it won't happen, ambitious or not.

I know someone who is friends with Danny Rose mum! He is a Spurs fan and so once or twice has gotten a free ticket in exchange for driving her to the games out this way (she still lives near Donny) and she'd potentially have told him on the quiet if he was leaving Spurs, and then thus he'd have told me as he is a bit of a closet Wolves fan due to us working together for close 7 odd years, so I am 100% shutting that rumour down!

Move over that Chelsea lad who seemed to know Patricio, bunny is the ITK now...

Rose would be a hell yes from me. As for Traore bear in mind Pulis plays with out and out wingers we don't. Can he play as an IF? I am not so sure. He's fast and has great feet but he's a head down kind of player and I don't like that.

If we sign him fair enough I'll judge after a good run of games but I stand by the fact that 18 mill is a lot for what he is.

Tim I saying Reading are interested in a years loan for Hause.

You'd have to think that's subject to an incoming here.

I'm slightly surprised at Hause being loaned out. I honestly think he's good enough as is.

I suppose if Boly strongly favours that side then he's not going to break into the team, but then surely he stays as injury back up or leaves permanently? I'm not sure a loan will necessarily help him that much.

I'm slightly surprised at Hause being loaned out. I honestly think he's good enough as is.

I suppose if Boly strongly favours that side then he's not going to break into the team, but then surely he stays as injury back up or leaves permanently? I'm not sure a loan will necessarily help him that much.

Reading wanting him and us letting him go are two different things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back