• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose if we're bringing in Gelson it would help explain why we're willing to listen to offers for Ivan.

Still wouldn't be happy to lose Cav but that would certainly soften the blow.

Well this guy reckons it's Martins:

@JohnEXAgent
Wolves set to beat Atletico Madrid to the signing of Gelson Martins. Deal expected to be done by Monday
#WWFC

His timeline has loads of stuff right before it's happened recently, but I don't know if he's just been deleting the wrong ones to look good.
One of those that goes back and deletes everything he gets wrong I bet.

Martins' name is flying around a lot, certainly would be delighted with that. Not totally 100% on Moutinho and how he'd fit, although he's younger than I thought (32 in Sep) I'd still be a bit concerned playing him in a CM2 - would probably be a very good mentor for Neves though [/FM mode]

The other name being bandied about is Pepe...I really can't see that happening and if it did despite his obvious pedigree as a player I couldn't get behind it because of what a complete twunt he is

According to his wiki page, gelson martins can play at RB.

If that's true, and he's decent there, then having him at RWB sounds like a good option

Cedric Soares possibly? Although Monaco recently signed Pele so that would make Moutinho available you'd imagine.

I've never seen martins play so no idea if he could defend!

This did make me laugh Andy.

On another note Nixon continues to be a cunt, when asked about Mina happening he said 'No'. A non story he's printed to get clicks and follows.

He must really hate Mendes.

He's about as much of a wing back as Nani. He's a bloody good winger though

If it’s Martins than Cav will be off. Really want to see how Cav gets on in the PL.

I really do not see it being Martins. Atleti are waiting to hear from FIFA aren't they about this?

I think it will be Moutinho. Be a good signing for us in an area we need.

This did make me laugh Andy.

On another note Nixon continues to be a cunt, when asked about Mina happening he said 'No'. A non story he's printed to get clicks and follows.

He must really hate Mendes.

Why do (so called) "professional Journalists" do this? Is it really so difficult to find out a bit of information and pass it on without making bullshit up?

It's all Nixon does. Throws out rumours and hardly any of them ever happen. Best ignored.

Just had a look at his Twitter page... FUCK ME, WHAT A PRICK! He knows the square root of fuck all and says absolutely nothing! Anyone who wastes any of their time with a run of "ask Alan" needs to just fucking grow up :fished:

I can find out more, worthwhile info on here and he's getting paid for the shit he spouts (rant over)

We've all asked Alan,the answers are MLS good,African players good,bright garish kits excellent,or is it a different Alan?

Nixon is well connected at the former North West PL clubs. If you are interested in what's going on at Bolton, Blackburn or Wigan he's your man. Anywhere else is just made up.

You're all Alan indulgents, you love it

Gelson appears to have had his head turned and isn’t signing for Atletico...

Arsenal were after him previously. Likely be another big European club though if he is turning down Atletico.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back