• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
As earlier Dan said - Jota and Costa have undoubtedly higher ceilings. Especially Jota, he’s just something else

That is no slight on Cav at all, yes an absolute hero. But this club isn’t here to mess about. If we can sign better players we will. That’s what is so exciting about what the club are trying to do, it’s not like under Mick where we had the same players three years on

I guess if we signed someone that was an immediate/obvious huge improvement over him I might understand. but that would have to be a hell of a signing for me to not lament his sale.

while I completely understand what you're saying about the club being ruthless, it's definitely harsh on Cav to even mention the problems under Mick while discussing. apples to pigeons.

I can't say I've seen anything to suggest Cav has a lower ceiling than Jota or Costa, personally. Granted I haven't seen them as often as some on here.

Zinchenko is playing LWB for City tonight and has just given away a penalty for what can mildly be described as a poor tackle.

"Pulisic made him his bitch" - not the best review

I'd be very happy with Mina and Sturaro, in fact I'd be fucking ecstatic. I reckon Sturaro will definitely happen and as Deutsch has said he'd be class next to Neves, just what we need.

As for Cav I'd much rather we kept him, I think he's class. But if we do let him go and buy an upgrade then who would make way in the first XI? Surely we're not going to buy someone better to sit on the bench and come on for the odd 20-30 minutes? That just doesn't seem to make sense.

There has been enough noise around Cav from enough different areas to believe that we either are prepared to let him go or at least others think we are. The Fulham bids are accepted as fact now by all outlets rather than speculation.

I'm another who would be very disappointed to see him go, he probably wouldn't start in our best 11, but would still get 30 mins most games. The notion of replacing him with Traore and still being £4m down on the deal is madness to me. Of course Nuno has more than enough credit in the bank to be trusted, but it would be one hell of a headscratcher.

I bloody love Cav but if we go out and buy an obvious upgrade in his position then I have no problem with him leaving and it sounds like that’s the only way he’d be going.

Even if we buy someone else I think it would be a mistake letting him go in this window. No-one knows which players are going to thrive or underachieve in the Prem, and it's impossible to predict. We need to keep him and give him a chance even if it's coming off the bench like last season. For a newly promoted club to assume he won't make the grade is a bad idea IMO and we could be letting him go for much less than he could be worth in 6-12 months time.

Even if we buy someone else I think it would be a mistake letting him go in this window. No-one knows which players are going to thrive or underachieve in the Prem, and it's impossible to predict. We need to keep him and give him a chance even if it's coming off the bench like last season. For a newly promoted club to assume he won't make the grade is a bad idea IMO and we could be letting him go for much less than he could be worth in 6-12 months time.

Cav has certain qualities unlike any other in our squad which at times creates game changing moments so I agree with your post.

Cav has improved so much since he came and for me epitomizes everything about how we play now. I will be gutted if he goes but will understand why, if we do sign another forward it would be very hard to keep everyone happy.

I'd be very happy with Mina and Sturaro, in fact I'd be fucking ecstatic. I reckon Sturaro will definitely happen and as Deutsch has said he'd be class next to Neves, just what we need.

As for Cav I'd much rather we kept him, I think he's class. But if we do let him go and buy an upgrade then who would make way in the first XI? Surely we're not going to buy someone better to sit on the bench and come on for the odd 20-30 minutes? That just doesn't seem to make sense.

Mina and Sturaro are certainly the level of player you hope Wolves go for this window, and you can see how they would fit into the Nuno system.

Apparently we battling Monaco and Lyon for Ivorian midfielder Jean-Eudes Aholou. [Source: Le10 Sport]

Just heard my first bit of ITK knowledge ever. How exciting.

Anyway, apparently Wolves have asked the company that deals with the players’ housing to find them four more luxury properties ASAP. At first we assumed two of these would be for Rui and Raul, but a further update indicates that these are in addition to their properties.

Obviously they could just be lining up houses for whoever we sign, but the suggestion is they are being lined up for known recipients.

Just heard my first bit of ITK knowledge ever. How exciting.

Anyway, apparently Wolves have asked the company that deals with the players’ housing to find them four more luxury properties ASAP. At first we assumed two of these would be for Rui and Raul, but a further update indicates that these are in addition to their properties.

Obviously they could just be lining up houses for whoever we sign, but the suggestion is they are being lined up for known recipients.

Interesting...

I think we are about to see huge activity this week.

Mina
Zinchenko
Silva
AN Other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back