• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who's to say Blind wouldn't be open to a pay cut? He wouldn't have been on massive money at Ajax and now he's spent a few years as a bit part player at United he might be happy to drop down and get some regular football again before he retires.

Who's to say Blind wouldn't be open to a pay cut? He wouldn't have been on massive money at Ajax and now he's spent a few years as a bit part player at United he might be happy to drop down and get some regular football again before he retires.

He's in his prime years at 28.

He's in his prime years at 28.

I know, but he's missed a lot of football in his mid-twenties so you'd like to think, though it's not always the case, that he'd priortise regular football for his next club given that it's likely to be the last contract of his peak ability, he could still sign for another club at a good level now but if he signed up somewhere like United again for another 3-4 years then he's probably on his way down by the time he's back on the market and so the opportunities won't be so attractive.

Oooo good...Who shall we buy? Who do you recommend SLB? ;)

Of their current squad Danilo is by far their best player. Big clubs are after him though. Marcano is a decent CB and it seems like he is leaving on a free transfer (no money for a new contract).

Brahimi is a quality player too. As for Marega who seems to be popular around here I am pretty sure he would flop in the premier league.

How good was Joao Mario in Portugal before his move to Inter Milan and his subsequent loan move to West Ham where he has struggled.
Would Nuno think highly of him and possibly take him to Wolves?

Joao Mario has been unlucky. He was never used correctly in serie A and joined a team close to disaster in England. He is no Bernardo Silva of course but he could be useful in most top premier league sides. Very intense player, good finishing for a midfielder also. He is very intelligent on the pitch. Probably his better quality since he is no technical masterpiece.

Part of me still wants Dimitar Berbatov.

Done the now semi-regular look over Gestifute clients to see if there are any we might want, here's what I think is a realistic list:

• Faouzi Ghoulam (LB, Napoli)
  • Renato Sanches (CM, Bayern Munich)
  • Andre Gray (ST, Watford)
  • Wallace (CB, Lazio)
  • Sidnei (CB, Deportivo la Coruna)
  • Ruben Dias (CB, Benfica)

Of those, Sanches is probably the only one I'd turn down outright.

Done the now semi-regular look over Gestifute clients to see if there are any we might want, here's what I think is a realistic list:

• Wallace (CB, Lazio)

Wouldn't take Sanches. Waste of a shirt at Swansea. Terrible attitude and little ability to boot, might as well re-sign Kevin McDonald.

Ghoulam would be a great signing but I doubt he would leave. Andre Gray would be a possibility, should look at him Wallace. Know very little about Dias and nothing about Sidnei.

Didn't Grey have some ...... erm issues in Wolverhampton making a return difficult?
I suspect our big money is likely to go on younger players who might gain in value.

Plus he’s struggled to hit a barn door at Watford. I’d be very disappointed if our grand plans involved signing Andre Gray.

I still harbour many doubts about Afobe but I'd much rather keep him than sign Andre Gray.

Considering how much we could spend on shite that won't be half as good as Bonatini and Afobe I'd sooner keep both. The likelihood will be that they'll be competing with each other for a space on the bench.

I could also have included Andre Silva on that list, but my feelings on him are known.

• Wallace (CB, Lazio)

Ruben Dias is in Benfica starting 11. We are not broke like the fruit shop in the north...thank you.

PS: you want to stay away from Sidnei as bad as you can.

I could also have included Andre Silva on that list, but my feelings on him are known.

You know what karma will do to you in the summer don't you?

Coming from bookies(Ladbrokes, I believe), so grain of salt and all that...

Wolves are now second favorites at 7/2 to sign Mario Balotelli on a free this summer, behind West Ham at 3/1.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back