• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure how anyone got the idea Vinagre is already a better defender than Barry.

Not sure how anyone got the idea Vinagre is already a better defender than Barry.

If you take the set pieces off Baz, what wlse does he offer?

Vinagre is a raw talent and I think people can see where he will only get better whereas Baz is at his limit. Vinny has more pace and tends to do more running at his full back which isn't Barry's game. Different players for me but pace is always good for a wing back

If you take the set pieces off Baz, what wlse does he offer?

Vinagre is a raw talent and I think people can see where he will only get better whereas Baz is at his limit. Vinny has more pace and tends to do more running at his full back which isn't Barry's game. Different players for me but pace is always good for a wing back
Not all of his assists have been from set pieces, you know.

Barry is a solid enough defender despite being guilty of a few really bad moments over the entire season. Vinagre when he has played has looked like lightning in a bottle, but some of his basic defensive traits were just bad. He's got a lot of work on that side of the ball before I'm sold on him as a wing back, no matter how much I loved him putting Kyle Walker on his ass.

My current take on the loan six:
Boly keep
Vinagre depends on the price £2-£3m then yes
N'Diaye, sorry but no
Bonatini, difficult one, for £5m I would, but would be tempted to flip before the end of the window
Jota, done deal
Afobe, not for me still, £10m (if that's correct) is a lot for a reserve forward when Boly and Jota are already going to cost £25m before we upgrade on this year's players

I think we’ll probably end up buying Afobe and letting Leo go. I can’t see us letting both go as we’ll be left with no strikers.

Leo will go, I think. The longer this drought of his goes on the less it feels like a fluke.

To paraphrase the parliament minutes. Deals are in place for EVERY loan player. Price agreed, no one else can come in. Solely down to the players. So if we offer the right levels of moolah, Boly, Bonatini, N'Diaye and Vinagre will be permanent Wolves players come July. Jota has already agreed his deal as we know.

I don't think we'll want Leo or Alf. Just a feeling.

I'd be surprised if Alfred wants to stay as he's pretty comfortably second choice behind Neves/Saiss and I doubt he's content with that.

Vinagre's feelings on staying are anybody's guess. I've no idea how he feels about his playing time (and not making the 18 at all since Afobe came in).

I will be STAGGERED if we don't take Vinagre. Less so Leo.

N'Diaye we have already bummed about 2m quid if we don't take him so I think that might happen

Leo will depend if he can show any kind of goalscoring form off the bench for the rest of the season. His link play was really good as well but both seem to have dropped off. At the minute it's looking like one good purple patch for 5 months which he needs to prove isn't the case.

Apparently Ryan Fredericks is on a free, so we might pick him up.

I’d like Jota, boly and vinagre, I’m not massively fussed about the other three.

We’ll look for an upgrade on Saiss which naturally pushes N’Diaye into 4th choice. He won’t want to stay on those terms.

Vinagre won’t be in the £2-3m mark, double that at least.

Can’t see Leo staying but as long as Afobe knocks in another 4 or 5 goals before the end of the season we’ll probably take him permanently. I’d still want a top line striker as well though.

Boly is a complete no brainer. Excited to see how he’ll get on at that level. The game is so easy for him in the Championship at times that any slight mistakes he makes are down to lack of concentration. He won’t get that luxury next season. Surely he’s staying now he’s splashed on a new Roller.

Would he work in a pair? I have my doubts.
He would not.

Blind is available on a free I think? Could possibly do a job at LWB or as a steady defensive partner to Neves in the middle of the park.

With someone like Blind I think wages will be the problem. He would surely have to be our top earner and would Wolves consider that for a player who may well be overshadowed by our existing 21 year old next to him? A problem we will find generally I suppose as we try to upgrade various positjons. Keeping existting players happy while expensive imports come in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back