• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

I miss a few months of this forum and we go from Joselu all the way to Ronaldo?

JK. BTW Porto financial situation is worse than people thought. I can see them selling a ton of players at bargain prices if they don't win the Liga.

How good was Joao Mario in Portugal before his move to Inter Milan and his subsequent loan move to West Ham where he has struggled.
Would Nuno think highly of him and possibly take him to Wolves?

We sold a record 26,000 shirts

Buy a really big name. Be top flight. Have those shirts available elsewhere than just the club shop and those sales figures would seem like chicken feed.

Our kit is already available for sale in Portugal.

I would imagine Alex Telles will be high on our list.

Douglas won’t be good enough at that level and Vinagre won’t be ready. Does leave us in a conundrum though as I want us to sign Vinagre too.

Buy Telles and Vinagre. Sell Douglas to a Champ/Prem team for £10m.

Douglas would be a great 'back up' option at LB in the Prem for a club like us. If we go in to next season with Telles & Douglas as our options at LB, I'll spuff my pants.

Take away his set-pieces (by not giving free kicks away outside the box) and he's very, very average though. Whereas Vinagre has plenty of potential to be better than him.

Not convinced by Vinny yet. Sure, he's quick - and yes, he scored a good goal (v Burton) - but I haven't seen anything from him that suggests he's ready for a start in the Premier League. From my (admittedly, limited) viewings of him so far, he loves to get forward but struggles positionally defensively. No doubt in my mind he'll end up as a left winger, similar path to Bale. Douglas has his critics but he could be playing in the PL right now, IMO.

Vinagre is a hell of a talent, but I also get the feeling he'll be more of a left winger/attacker in the future.

Calling Douglas 'very very average' is rather harsh IMO. As mentioned in another thread, every regular starter for us this season has done very well indeed. I'm sure he could play in the Premier League (which isn't to say we shouldn't upgrade on him if we can). He's a good player and we got him for a bargain.

We should upgrade where possible & will, but most of the regular players should still be in the squad even if only as back up to show whether they can make the transition (would put Ruddy, Doherty, Douglas & Bennett in amongst those)

There will be some offloaded (Batth & possibly Miranda) & we will probably loan out a couple of the youngsters back into the Championship (Ronan/MGW/Enobakhare)

The basis of a competitive Premier team is there already

I think Dougie is a regulation left back rather than a wing back.

We shouldn't be loaning MGW anywhere.

MGW has a massive amount of potential (watched him particularly when he came on v Burton & was making really intelligent runs), but at his age it is still potential.

Depends who we bring in & how much pressure that brings on the positions that he is likely to play - then it would be a decision as to whether he will grow more by playing regularly rather than sitting on our bench with limited game time.

So back to Ronaldo where do you think he would Settle, big name and all that. Penn maybe or perhaps a little further out somewhere like Kinver (nice place)

Jota - Ronaldo - Cav/Costa looks lovely to me :)

So back to Ronaldo where do you think he would Settle, big name and all that. Penn maybe or perhaps a little further out somewhere like Kinver (nice place)

Jota - Ronaldo - Cav/Costa looks lovely to me :)

Probably helicoptered in from somewhere in London really

Not convinced by Vinny yet. Sure, he's quick - and yes, he scored a good goal (v Burton) - but I haven't seen anything from him that suggests he's ready for a start in the Premier League. From my (admittedly, limited) viewings of him so far, he loves to get forward but struggles positionally defensively. No doubt in my mind he'll end up as a left winger, similar path to Bale. Douglas has his critics but he could be playing in the PL right now, IMO.
I agree with you again Jinks..not really convinced by Vinagre yet and Douglas is firmly infront even with Nuno..

More chance of fat Ronaldo signing than CR7.

Can't believe people are actually discussing this.

Vinagre is quality already and has unbelievable potential, if there is a chance of keeping him we should get the deal done. Outside his set pieces Barry is 2nd best in all other areas.

To paraphrase the parliament minutes. Deals are in place for EVERY loan player. Price agreed, no one else can come in. Solely down to the players. So if we offer the right levels of moolah, Boly, Bonatini, N'Diaye and Vinagre will be permanent Wolves players come July. Jota has already agreed his deal as we know.

A rare disappointment for me in this season is the lack of game time Vinagre has got. I understand why and he obviously didn't help himself with that red in the cup but it's been a shame that we haven't had a chance to develop him a little more. Kid looked unbelievable to me in the games I saw him in early in the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back