• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzZwYIDKG64

It was like watching Mr Gloves in this video. Except with more speed, better defensive skills, better trickery and yet more speed (his strikers had trouble keeping up with him sometimes!). Or am I being overly harsh on our Matt?
Yeah he does.

But I've just noticed Inter have an option to buy him in the summer, and he's playing regularly for them at the minute so he'll probably end up there permanently.

Yeah he does.

But I've just noticed Inter have an option to buy him in the summer, and he's playing regularly for them at the minute so he'll probably end up there permanently.

Shame. I got quite excited at the thought of him playing right wingback in an old gold shirt next season ... :icon_neutral:

There are plenty of half-decent right backs out there. It's the left side that will get tricky.

The Telles rumour was just totally made up, wasn't it? Nothing to suggest we're actually in for him.

I'm not sold on Telles whatsoever. He hasn't quite gone the way of Davide Santon but his career trajectory has definitely plateaued.

I'm not sold on Telles whatsoever. He hasn't quite gone the way of Davide Santon but his career trajectory has definitely plateaued.

Has it? He moved from Galatasaray to Porto and that is definitely a positive. He's only been there a couple of years and not like Inter have been fantastic since he left them and he's only mid twenties like Boly was. He's definitely suited to a left wing back role as he's much better going forward than he is defensively.

I'm not sure I'd say Portuguese football is that much better than Turkish football these days.

Regardless, if he's who we go for I trust in the decision making of our recruitment. Our transfer record last summer has to be some sort of record for hits:misses (and I think it would be harsh to count Ofosu-Ayeh as a miss given he's just been injured).

Turkish football is shite.

Basaksehir are currently second with a squad that includes Gael Clichy, Emre Belozoglu, Emmanuel Adebayor, Eljero Elia, Kerim Frei and Gökhan Inler. I had to check Harry Redknapp wasn't their manager.

I don't think a squad with those players would be far off 2nd in the Primeira.

I don't think a squad with those players would be far off 2nd in the Primeira.
Neves couldn't get in the team that actually did finish 2nd last year and he's a hell of a lot better than Inler.

Neves couldn't get in the team that actually did finish 2nd last year and he's a hell of a lot better than Inler.
I certainly am not saying Inler is better than Neves.

As was the whole side but Telles was poor against Liverpool in Porto

Can't believe I'm just now thinking of him: Miguel Layún.

Can't believe I'm just now thinking of him: Miguel Layún.

Underrated player. Great talent.

Long shots are quite good. Can play both on right and left.

Can't believe porto let him go and kept Maxi...

As was the whole side but Telles was poor against Liverpool in Porto

Plays left back for Porto and he's definitely more suited to a wing back role. Tough to play against a full tilt Liverpool side especially when everyone under performs.

Telles good. Porto was unlucky that day. Everyone looked like crap.
No doubt, I rate a lot of Porto's team quite highly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back