• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regardless of how much money we have we aren’t going to be spending 300k+ a week on wages for Ronaldo even if it wasn’t a ridiculous suggestion anyway.

Neves, Jota, Costa and Cav were all ridiculous suggestions too.

Ronaldo coming is very unlikely but it isn't ridiculous. He has achieved almost everything he possibly can during his career so can he be sold on the idea of trying to help establish one of English football's great sleeping giants as a Premier League and European force as his his swansong in football? Probably not, but by no means ridiculous given the connections. And if he can be sold that idea we are one of only a handful of clubs in this country with the financial clout to be able to afford it. Let's not forget our owners are among the richest in Europe...

It's a fanciful idea but it isn't completely ridiculous.

Yeah you're right, getting the 2nd best attacker in the world to Wolves isn't ridiculous at all.

There’s no way that Ronald is not playing Champions League football next season

This summer is ridiculous. But there will be a time when a top 4 club doesn’t want him. Maybe In 2 seasons. We could hoover him up similar to what Everton have done with Rooney.

Surely he'll just go back to Sporting when his time at the top is over?

Ronaldo will go where he can get a few more medals and a fortune in his bank balance. That isn't at Wolves

Ronaldo will go, where he can get a few more medals and a fortune in his bank balance. That isn't at Wolves

We can play him in the Birmingham Senior Cup if he fancies some glory

Yeah you're right, getting the 2nd best attacker in the world to Wolves isn't ridiculous at all.

I've noticed that every reply you make to someone is with a really snarky, unpleasant tone. I don't care for it much to be honest and it's one of the reasons I avoided posting on here for so long.

I've noticed that every reply you make to someone is with a really snarky, unpleasant tone. I don't care for it much to be honest and it's one of the reasons I avoided posting on here for so long.

Do you need a hug?

Don't let him get to you,there was a quiz on here not long ago,and he won biggest bellend on the forum! I've never had a problem with him,(till now maybe?) perhaps I'm not trying hard enough ;)

He's a big, blunt, loveable bear! :icon_lol:

Are you typing with your boxing gloves on again Johnny? :run:

Johnny's a good bloke, he's just prone to correcting people with knives rather than words.

This summer is ridiculous. But there will be a time when a top 4 club doesn’t want him. Maybe In 2 seasons. We could hoover him up similar to what Everton have done with Rooney.

Financially we might be able to, but I really hope we don't. I love the current ethos of acquiring outstanding talent and developing it into something even better for the future. I hope we can continue with that method in the Prem, rather than just throwing money at top-shelf players with short expiry dates. I'd prefer us to build a great squad rather than just buy one.

Financially we might be able to, but I really hope we don't. I love the current ethos of acquiring outstanding talent and developing it into something even better for the future. I hope we can continue with that method in the Prem, rather than just throwing money at top-shelf players with short expiry dates. I'd prefer us to build a great squad rather than just buy one.

Fuck finances and future planning. I want my CR7 shirt

Don't let him get to you,there was a quiz on here not long ago,and he won biggest bellend on the forum! I've never had a problem with him,(till now maybe?) perhaps I'm not trying hard enough ;)

Met Johnny for the first time on Saturday and can tell ya he is sound and a good bloke leave him alone

Anyone who thinks we will be signing Ronaldo needs their bumps felt

Anyone who thinks we will be signing Ronaldo needs their bumps felt

My original point was that with Fosun and Mendes we should rule out nothing! I truly believe there will be some extraordinary signings if we go up. I would be amazed if I was wrong given the intent shown so far with Jota, Neves, Boly etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back