• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Janmaat is a lazy, lazy bastard. Not for me.

Soares would be a good signing though.

I was gonna say Janmaat doesn't have the dynamism to get up and down and also overlap.

Soares would be good. Thought that after seeing him yesterday. He'd cost a bundle though.

Does anyone think there's a realistic chance that Doherty will still be in our XI in the Prem (at least until January)?

If we're looking at prospects to buy, though... Kenny Tete (Lyon) and Almamy Toure (Monaco) have been exceptional in Ligue 1 this season. Toure in particular may move to a UCL club, though. There's also Kevin Malcuit (Lille) who is not brilliant defensively but could thrive as a wingback.

Yes of course there is. He's been one of our best players this season and a key part of our attacking. All depends who we buy, or if we give Phil a chance if he's fit.

I was going to mention Luke Shaw after his subbing at the weekend but thought it was a bit far fetched.

I’d love to see Alvaro Odriozola on the right, he’d be a perfect fit for a wing back and a massive upgrade on Doherty.

I think that's massively undervaluing him but we've always been pretty polar on Ikeme in general.

He never talked enough, nor did Hennessey. He was not commanding of his six yard box. He was beaten from distance more than any keeper I can remember. He is s!ow to get down. He is an excellent shot stopper with good reflexes. He was fine in league one. He has needed upgrading since. Lovely man, lovely personality but so was Mark Kendall and I would not have had him in a championship side either based on his gk ability.

No agenda against Ruddy for me I think he has been a good signing and most certainly an upgrade. On the clean sheets point put him in last seasons team and those clean sheets would disappear pretty quickly, I do think the verbal aspect is at times ignored and he is good at that but he has a reputation for more mistakes than the average keeper, which would be a major problem in the Prem. We don't know how well Norris would have done having played those games but we will potentially need to look for an upgrade and we have a chance to blood a potentially very very good goalkeeper and save ourselves the investment.

To an extent you could say the same for Bennett, a good signing, a huge upgrade on Batth (didn't see myself saying that at the start of the season) but will need replacing for the Prem (maybe Hause??) hopefully at this point we have perfected the cloning process and we get another Boly.

Ruddy will stay in now at least until promotion is secured, when that happens I want to see the likes of Norris, Hause & MGW starting games so we can see what they can offer.

Portugal appears to be a breeding ground for young, talented wing/full backs - so although I saw the Shaw story yesterday and immediately thought "could we?", I don't think we'll be in for someone like him. He'd cost too much. Besides, didn't we get linked with Alex Telles a few months back? If we're going to spend a fortune on a full back, I'd rather have him 10 times out of 10!

I suggested Joao Cancelo last week too. He looks like he'd make a good RWB. Not to mention Soares at Southampton.

Odriozola is a good shout. Imagine the pace at wing back with him and Vini.

I think we will look at some more experienced players in the summer to complement our current squad. Our experience is currently the mainly domestic contingent, many of whom are the most "at risk" - Ruddy, Coady, Bennett, Douglas, Doherty. Premiership money plus Fosun plus Uncle Jorge puts us in the market for known names and with Fosun wanting Wolves to become known in China then those names have to from already established clubs in China.

I know people ridicule the idea of Ronaldo...but he ticks all the boxes. I would be surprised if the question isn't put, even tentatively. At 33 he is likely looking at one more decent contract either at Madrid or elsewhere.

Regardless of how much money we have we aren’t going to be spending 300k+ a week on wages for Ronaldo even if it wasn’t a ridiculous suggestion anyway.

Add Ricardo Pereira to the list of wingbacks

Regardless of how much money we have we aren’t going to be spending 300k+ a week on wages for Ronaldo even if it wasn’t a ridiculous suggestion anyway.

But if Uncle Jorge lures him and does us a favour, it will only be 20k a week.

No, he's Portuguese. Was in their Euro 2016 squad.

Hm. Wonder where I got that idea.

I dunno,did he play for boavista? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back