• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wolves will not sign CR7..or more like CR7 wont sign for Wolves..would be great though :)

Wolves will not sign CR7..or more like CR7 wont sign for Wolves..would be great though :)

Not sure it would (though it won't so it doesn't really matter) - the ego will have landed

This team has a togetherness & seemingly delight whoever does well - that spirit will still be a big factor next season

Not sure it would (though it won't so it doesn't really matter) - the ego will have landed

This team has a togetherness & seemingly delight whoever does well - that spirit will still be a big factor next season
Agreed, but every team need high quality players that makes a difference..not saying Ronaldo here but guess we can sign very good players due to money, mendes and nuno..

That the mere idea of Ronaldo at Wolves isn't being laughed off the forum says how far we have come. No he wont be partnering Jota next season, he wouldn't want us and given his age and cost I doubt we would want him.

Agreed, but every team need high quality players that makes a difference..not saying Ronaldo here but guess we can sign very good players due to money, mendes and nuno..

Yes we want high quality players, but could sign more than 1 for the outlay that he would cost us - plus suspect that a team with Ronaldo in will need to be about him rather than the team - not sure that that is the way I would want us to go

That the mere idea of Ronaldo at Wolves isn't being laughed off the forum says how far we have come. No he wont be partnering Jota next season, he wouldn't want us and given his age and cost I doubt we would want him.
Alternatively if we saw another none Top 6 clubs forum trying to credibly link themselves with him we'd be massively taking the piss. It isn't going to happen and nor will anybody with any credibility at the club be discussing it.

I'm laughing at the suggestion! :)

To say we wouldn't want him is ridiculous!!

I'm laughing at the suggestion! :)

To say we wouldn't want him is ridiculous!!

Just don't think a player approaching the end of his career, who'd command a huge signing on fee and colossal wages, with no resale value matches the recent recruitment policy.
Football wise of course we would.

Just don't think a player approaching the end of his career, who'd command a huge signing on fee and colossal wages, with no resale value matches the recent recruitment policy.
Football wise of course we would.

But if you wanted to draw awareness to an unknown club in a potentially massive market - say China - signing one of the two best players on the planet* would stimulate that 100 fold.

*Not that I think we will.

The Rest of Football: "They're not even up yet and they're seriously discussing Ronaldo for next season. Deluded idiots."

The Rest of Football: "They're not even up yet and they're seriously discussing Ronaldo for next season. Deluded idiots."

Correct. Please make it stop.

We need a new thread - "Lunatics discussing Ronaldo" or something like that. Then the rest of us can get on with what might actually happen and what rational people would want to happen. He'd wreck the wage structre, he'd wreck the team spirit and besides, we have a bloke from Trabzonspor who's a better free kick taker.

This.

It's embarrassing.

Can we just delete all Ronaldo references from this thread?

We need a new thread - "Lunatics discussing Ronaldo" or something like that. Then the rest of us can get on with what might actually happen and what rational people would want to happen. He'd wreck the wage structre, he'd wreck the team spirit and besides, we have a bloke from Trabzonspor who's a better free kick taker.

And why the fucking hell would he sign for Wolves. If you're going to diss, do it properly

I miss a few months of this forum and we go from Joselu all the way to Ronaldo?

JK. BTW Porto financial situation is worse than people thought. I can see them selling a ton of players at bargain prices if they don't win the Liga.

I miss a few months of this forum and we go from Joselu all the way to Ronaldo?

JK. BTW Porto financial situation is worse than people thought. I can see them selling a ton of players at bargain prices if they don't win the Liga.

Oooo good...Who shall we buy? Who do you recommend SLB? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back