• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Opens the door for a lot of Sporting players to leave as well. Bruno Fernandes, William Carvalho, Gelson Martins, Bas Dost, Battaglia, Acuna...

Im in Lisbon atm, Sporting fans are furious. Wrong day to wear my Wolves shirt...

How does asking for a release work when under contract though?

Surely only if Sporting are in breach of his contract are they able to?

RP presumably will buy out his own contract and then get whoever sings him to pay that. (which will be less than his transfer fee)

Opens the door for a lot of Sporting players to leave as well. Bruno Fernandes, William Carvalho, Gelson Martins, Bas Dost, Battaglia, Acuna...

Im in Lisbon atm, Sporting fans are furious. Wrong day to wear my Wolves shirt...

Nice of you to say something then!! :p

Bruno is an idiot and is dragging Sporting with him

"Reports yesterday suggested a deal to buy Afobe for £12.5m has been finalised, but it's understood that nothing has yet been agreed between Wolves and the player."
Yes Tim, reports by you...

Tim saying done deal and for £10m not £12.5m

So thats:

Boly - £10m
Jota - £12m
Afobe £10m

£32m spent already and we haven't "signed" anyone yet.

How does asking for a release work when under contract though?

Surely only if Sporting are in breach of his contract are they able to?

RP presumably will buy out his own contract and then get whoever sings him to pay that. (which will be less than his transfer fee)

They were victims of abuse during the entire season. The last one was the radicals training ground invasion with players being attacked.

Not very smart people so probably don't know the shirt.

In case they do just call them lizards.

They were victims of abuse during the entire season. The last one was the radicals training ground invasion with players being attacked.

Yes, i saw that. Bas Dost getting a good old whack on the head.

But if the club digs its heels in this could be a very long process with all the legal issues.

Yes, i saw that. Bas Dost getting a good old whack on the head.

But if the club digs its heels in this could be a very long process with all the legal issues.

The release is fast. Just a letter.

Sporting will take it to the courts asking for money from Patricio and that can take time. It can't stop him to sign with another club though.

From a “friend of Rui”...
Rui Patrício to Napoli was done. ADL and Sarri's first choice. Ancelotti came in with other plans. Deal scuppered.

Wolves will now sign him as the first of many investments this summer. They're targeting a top half finish in the PL.

Incredible signing for Wolves. World class GK

The same bloke Jinky got this from yesterday (Nikolas Alek on twitter) reckons he had already passed his medical with us before the Chairman acted the cock and we have agreed to cover any legal fees hence his contract termination. No idea if this guy is genuine or not!

If it is true I guess there is a chance other clubs could swoop in now he's available for a lot less.

Fee was €18m according to Twitter.

Frogs chairman is now at a press conference. Saying that Wolves offered 18M and Mendes asked 7M for himself.

Frogs chairman is now at a press conference. Saying that Wolves offered 18M and Mendes asked 7M for himself.

Well the same would have applied to the Napoli fee too, the bloke is talking bollocks.

He is saying Napoli put him on hold because sarri was sacked and they were not sure the new manager wanted him.

Meanwhile he now said that Mendes asked 4M for Patricio transfer for himself and 3M more for Adrien transfer last year to Leicester.

He is saying Napoli put him on hold because sarri was sacked and they were not sure the new manager wanted him.

Meanwhile he now said that Mendes asked 4M for Patricio transfer for himself and 3M more for Adrien transfer last year to Leicester.

"Oh I've made a complete mess of this...What can I do? Oh, I know, I'll blame Jorge Mendes." The blokes a real piece of work

Sounds like we do genuinely have a decent chance of getting him though! He certainly isn’t staying at Sporting anyway !

Tbf dealing with mendes must be one the most soul destroying things a football administrator has to do. You just know he's going to mug you, and it's generally his terms or nothing. I'm certainly glad he's on our side!

"Oh I've made a complete mess of this...What can I do? Oh, I know, I'll blame Jorge Mendes." The blokes a real piece of work

As you know Mendes is not my fav person but this guy is a complete lunatic.

He is leading Sporting to its grave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back