• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbf dealing with mendes must be one the most soul destroying things a football administrator has to do. You just know he's going to mug you, and it's generally his terms or nothing. I'm certainly glad he's on our side!

Mendes has no sides. Only his own.

As you know Mendes is not my fav person but this guy is a complete lunatic.

He is leading Sporting to its grave.

Is he not an elected President? Why would anyone vote for him? He seems like a complete nutter

Is he not an elected President? Why would anyone vote for him? He seems like a complete nutter

Sporting fans are not much better than him. The majority still supports him.

Most sporting fans are lead by one thing and one thing only. Hate. Hate towards Benfica. And nobody has more hate than this guy. Red cars are forbidden at sporting training ground. That's how far it goes.

He said that yes. I heard it live on TV. Portuguese footballs is a Brazilian soap opera. Story about Carvalho and Mendes goes well behind all this.

And Patrício's letter has already been leaked, the means through which he gets his contract void (rescinded?)

And Patrício's letter has already been leaked, the means through which he gets his contract void (rescinded?)

Yes. The letter I talked about earlier. In Benfica forum people are saying he rejected Benfica since he is afraid of staying in Lisbon.

From what I see / understand, the process now takes 7 days to annul the contract. Does anyone have any more insight into it?

From what I see / understand, the process now takes 7 days to annul the contract. Does anyone have any more insight into it?

Portuguese law gives both the player and the club 7 days to reverse the decision.

The situation is simple. If Carvalho quits no player will leave like this. If he stays...I believe he will...at least 6 more players will follow RP.

Cheers. So more fireworks between now and next Friday in which case then!

I'm still not sure that he's the best guy for us, but he's good. Looking forward for his signing. I might pull one over a couple friends and buy his Keeper shirt if he does sign

It's definitely an upgrade, harsh as it is on Ruddy (expect Norris will go out on loan). And it's a statement, which I imagine is only the start

I'd certainly be more comfortable with RP @ €18m than the €30-35m that was being bandied about before (!). If it's on a free, even better :icon_lol:

http://sportwitness.co.uk/jorge-men...o-claims-wolves-deal-say-sporting-approached/

Now Gestifute have responded to De Carvalho’s claims, with Record quoting a spokesperson saying: “It was Sporting who came to us and asked for help in finding a solution for Rui Patricio.

“Gestifute was Sporting’s creditor but asked nothing of Sporting, at the same time they gave the guarantee they would settle old debts.”

Mendes’ agency also told Record they have full documentation to back up their position.

What an absolute mess. It's very unlike Wolves and our recent history to get caught up in this kind of thing. I hope it gets resolved quickly & quietly but I won't hold my breath.

It also, unfortunately, means the British press (who have no doubt been waiting for the next opportunity to bash Mendes and our relationship with him) can publish stuff like this -
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/jorge-mendes-blasted-sporting-lisbon-12633053

http://sportwitness.co.uk/jorge-men...o-claims-wolves-deal-say-sporting-approached/

What an absolute mess. It's very unlike Wolves and our recent history to get caught up in this kind of thing. I hope it gets resolved quickly & quietly but I won't hold my breath.

It also, unfortunately, means the British press (who have no doubt been waiting for the next opportunity to bash Mendes and our relationship with him) can publish stuff like this -
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/jorge-mendes-blasted-sporting-lisbon-12633053

We havent proactively gone out of our way to get caught up in it, it;s just bad luck that Sporting's President is a whackjob.

It could work in our favour in the long run if we end up getting RP for free.

I'd rather not get tied up into a long-winded legal dispute over ownership of a player, it's not worth it.

On pure footballing merit he is better than Ruddy but a long way short of the "world class" label that's been bandied around in certain quarters.

Reminds me of Igor Akinfeev.

He's lightyears ahead of John Ruddy. It's a massive upgrade.

He's decent but definitely not worth this hassle. If he was as good some claim he wouldn't be 30 and still playing for Sporting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back