• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
And that's why throwing names out doesn't work. It's all about opinion and whatever name I put up you were always going to predictably disagree with. So congrats on being predictable.

You have your entrenched position on Afobe and others have theirs, it seems fairly split at the moment but will you accept that?

Of course - Afobe is neither amazing or terrible, so opinions will always be split.

Personally, I trust Nuno, he’s had him in the squad for six months and clearly likes what he sees and thinks he’ll fit into his system. Having seen him every day, on the training pitch as well as the dressing room, I think he probably has a better handle on it all than you.

Now, will you accept that?

Know a fair number of Bournemouth fans who slate him (though don't think that they used him properly), but if Nuno sees enough to work with I can live with it

Though Leo at (probably) £5m v Afobe at £12.5m then on balance would take the former as a back up striker - will still need a primary striker whichever one we sign

The only reason I wouldn’t want Afobe is if it stopped us buying someone else. As it is I think we’ll sign a big name forward anyway and Afobe’s goal threat will be very useful off the bench and as an occasional starter. In theory we’ll have a lot more space for him to run into as teams won’t sit back against us.

So yes from me unless he’s the only forward we are signing this summer.

Hopefully we will sign another striker, though Jota, Cav & Costa are very capable of chipping in as well

The wing backs will not be as productive re goals next year (unless we upgrade) as they will need to defend far more than they did last season

Of course - Afobe is neither amazing or terrible, so opinions will always be split.

Personally, I trust Nuno, he’s had him in the squad for six months and clearly likes what he sees and thinks he’ll fit into his system. Having seen him every day, on the training pitch as well as the dressing room, I think he probably has a better handle on it all than you.

Now, will you accept that?

No doubting his ability at Championship level and it's silly not to trust Nuno at this point.

But then is Benik being signed because Wilshere is on his way too?

I’d be pretty happy if Wilshire turned up - a little concerned about having two small centre mids but we’d have to be confident their ability would gain more than we’d lose in physicality.

And I don’t think we’d buy Afobe just to get wilshire, but as an added bonus maybe.

I'm confident Nuno could improve Afobe's all round game in our system with a full pre-season of coaching. How much is anyone's guess though.

We'd be carved open with a midfield two of Wilshere and Neves. They could play in the same midfield, but you'd have to rework the formation to do so, probably a 433 and 3 of that PL defence isn't currently at the club. Nuno has said we are going 343 again next year, I don't see where Wilshere fits in that. For me he's instead of Neves not as well and he isn't leaving

I don't think Wilshere is about to leave Arsenal to sit on the bench somewhere, and Tony is exactly right, we would never get away with playing him and Ruben as a pair.

It was Sky that said it was close. Tim was just doing what he does....reads the Internet and reports on it, then checks...

Patricio is apparently a possibility again as Ancelotti wants one of his old keepers from PSG instead...

Were we not "lurking" for a Swedish right back in the last window? Is that one dead in the water now?

Big scouting network...

https://www.expressandstar.com/spor...8/05/31/wolves-expanding-recruitment-network/

Tim back peddling over Afobe deal

"Reports yesterday suggested a deal to buy Afobe for £12.5m has been finalised, but it's understood that nothing has yet been agreed between Wolves and the player."
Yes Tim, reports by you...

There’s about 6 people I know who have just gone full time at Wolves having been part time video scouts before. Wolves also advertising full time and part time roles in London for scouts, which I’m keeping an eye on ha!

There’s about 6 people I know who have just gone full time at Wolves having been part time video scouts before. Wolves also advertising full time and part time roles in London for scouts, which I’m keeping an eye on ha!

Get applied lad!

Yup. Then start posting loads of ITK stuff.

Everybody loves the ITK-ers...

From a “friend of Rui”...

Rui Patrício to Napoli was done. ADL and Sarri's first choice. Ancelotti came in with other plans. Deal scuppered.

Wolves will now sign him as the first of many investments this summer. They're targeting a top half finish in the PL.

Incredible signing for Wolves. World class GK

World class is stretching it!! He’s good though, I’d take him for a sensible enough fee of course

Yup. Then start posting loads of ITK stuff.

Everybody loves the ITK-ers...

Haha! I’ve got enough mates involved now you’d think they would be more sharing but it’s very hush hush in recruitment. My friend in academy is more relaxed with info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back