• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would the first amortisation happen immediately or at year 1?

I’d be very surprised if we haven’t signed anyone by July.

I wouldn't necessarily say we'll sign no-one by then. However I strongly suspect the headline signings will not arrive until July.

Would the first amortisation happen immediately or at year 1?

I’d be very surprised if we haven’t signed anyone by July.

The first fee would be payable in this accounting period wouldn't it? And then the rest of the fee would be amortised over however long the contract is.

Mourinho mulling over whether to let Lindelof join us or not according to the Express. Looks like a pretty fluff piece to me.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foo...ews-Victor-Lindelof-Wolves-Jose-Mourinho-deal

EDIT: TeamTalk saying the same only reckon we’ve made an offer to loan or buy.

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/exclus...fers-from-wolves-over-big-money-mourinho-flop
In the Express article they say Nuno wants Lindelof because he used to manage him at Benfica...

In the Express article they say Nuno wants Lindelof because he used to manage him at Benfica...

Fucking hell. It’s been added to since I posted the link, didn’t spot that first time round. Why don’t journalists even bother to do their basic research anymore?

They've managed to hash that from this line from the TeamTalk article:

The centre-half is well known to boss Nuno Espirito Santo thanks to Lindelof’s time in Portugal with Benfica

The first fee would be payable in this accounting period wouldn't it? And then the rest of the fee would be amortised over however long the contract is.

Not sure. If I bought a van today and my accounting period was the end of this month then I probably wouldn’t amortise it at the end of the month or at most I’d probably only amortise a month of it’s value.

Off to United I'd think as they have a gaping hole at LB given Jose obviously doesn't like Shaw.

For now that kind of English player is well beyond our reach.

Starting 11 from the paraguay game at the 2006 world cup

GK 1 Paul Robinson
RB 2 Gary Neville
CB 5 Rio Ferdinand
CB 6 John Terry
LB 3 Ashley Cole
RM 7 David Beckham (c)
CM 4 Steven Gerrard
CM 8 Frank Lampard
LM 11 Joe Cole
CF 10 Michael Owen
CF 21 Peter Crouch
Manager: Sven Goran Erikkson

Starting 11 from that USA game in 2010

GK 12 Robert Green
RB 2 Glen Johnson
CB 6 John Terry
CB 20 Ledley King
LB 3 Ashley Cole
RM 7 Aaron Lennon
CM 8 Frank Lampard
CM 4 Steven Gerrard (c)
LM 16 James Milner
SS 10 Wayne Rooney
CF 21 Emile Heskey

Manager: Fabio Capello

and the 2014 world cup against Italy

GK 1 Joe Hart
RB 2 Glen Johnson
CB 5 Gary Cahill
CB 6 Phil Jagielka
LB 3 Leighton Baines
CM 4 Steven Gerrard (c)
CM 14 Jordan Henderson
RW 11 Danny Welbeck
AM 19 Raheem Sterling
LW 10 Wayne Rooney
CF 9 Daniel Sturridge
Manager: Woy

Since 2006 in my personal opinion the national side has gotten weaker and weaker with this year being possibly our worst world cup side in a long time

I don't think it's that much worse, Ferdinand was decent, but you can't have a kick and head it merchant at the back now, so I would take our current defenders over all except Ferdinand

I don't see a better player at the same age than Sterling, Or Alli.
Owen was a goal scorer, but we have not had one since, and Rooney for all his talent was shit in tournaments post Portugal.
2014 central defence was shockingly bad, as was the keeper I'd take all 3 now over Hart then
I'd take Sterling, Alli, Kane, Vardy over the 2014, and 2010 squads
I'd take Walker over Johnson.
Our 2 full backs in 2006 were 2 of the best in the world at the time.

For me this is the strongest starting 11 since 2006

Shaw and Lindelof for <£50m and we've done some great business

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back