• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm willing to give almost any United player the benefit of the doubt at the moment as I think Mourinho has done a terrible job there.

Southampton ‘keeper Alex McCarthy is being monitored by Arsenal, Liverpool and Premier League new boys Wolves.

In today’s Mirror.

Lindelof story is all because he's supposedly being loaned out for a season by Mourinho. Sounds rubbish to me.

Saw us linked with Renato Sanches yesterday. Probably just lazy journalism though as he's a Mendes client that needs a new home so easy to link with us.

I could see that happening if Nuno thinks he can get something out of him. He’s looked bad whenever I’ve seen him though

Wasn't Renato Sanchez pretty highly regarded before he went to Swansea?

One of the very hottest prospects in the world in 2016. Had a terrible year at Bayern then an even worse one at Swansea.

From Carvalhal

Renato knows he has had a very bad season. He is not at the level he was and when he had the injury in January, it finished him,” said Swansea manager Carlos Carvalhal, who is set to lose his job. “He would agree this has been a really bad season for him. Someone told me he could go back to Benfica and if he can, it is the best step for him.

“It happens often with Portuguese players. Renato has a big talent, but he has much to learn. He stopped learning when he left Benfica and went to one of the biggest clubs in the world.

I think by going back to Benfica and having his friends and mother and father around him - and a good club to support him - he can achieve the best level. He needs to go back to Portugal because he is a boy and he is not ready for Premier League level.”

Someone on Twitter was trying to tell me he was "one of the world's best keepers" the other day.

Alrighty then.

Came here to post that. He's good, the best portuguese keeper by far. But he's still prone to do a few of those every now and then.

He's decent. But you've got people genuinely suggesting he's up there with De Gea, Oblak, Ederson, Alisson, Neuer and the like. And indeed a £30m price tag would put him up in that bracket. Not a chance.

Heracles almeno want to resign Wolves striker Paul Gladon permanently for around £1.5m after being there on loan all season, Gladon has impressed the club over the season.(Source: Nederlands dagbald)

I've watched this about twenty times and I can't figure out how the hell it happened.

He's got rubber wrists by the looks of it.

Joel sent me a video from 2013 where Benfica's Luisao was practically on the ground 3 feet out and managed to nod a soft effort at Rui and unbelievably he allows it to spill over the line.

For 30m it's no thanks from me.

Edit: heres the vid:

[video]https://gfycat.com/gifs/detail/CalculatingJoyfulGourami[/video]

Heracles almeno want to resign Wolves striker Paul Gladon permanently for around £1.5m after being there on loan all season, Gladon has impressed the club over the season.(Source: Nederlands dagbald)

£1.5m :icon_lol:

A tenth of that maybe. They'll know we want rid at all costs and I doubt they've even got £1.5m to spend even if they wanted him (he hasn't played that regularly anyway judging by the loan thread)

We didn't pay that much for him and we aren't going to make a profit on the deal.

Edit: Just checked, 17 starts, 15 sub appearances, 6 goals. One goal in 2018 (in injury time on the final day).

He's decent. But you've got people genuinely suggesting he's up there with De Gea, Oblak, Ederson, Alisson, Neuer and the like. And indeed a £30m price tag would put him up in that bracket. Not a chance.

If he is then Ruddy is a 20 mil reserve which of course we know he is not.

The window opens on Friday, right?

Wonder if we’ll have any agreements good to go early doors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back