• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The window opens on Friday, right?

Wonder if we’ll have any agreements good to go early doors.

Think we'll hold off for a while. I said at the time that the Jota deal going through on 1 July (ie in the 2018/19 accounting period) was probably as much for Atletico's benefit as ours, but even so. We'd like to weight transfers into that year if we can.

E&S inferring that Bonatini not going to be signed. Right decision for me I'm afraid.
They also suggest based on a Nuno interview that those on loan will be addressed first. Sounds like very little will happen before the WC, except us agreeing to sign the loan deals, and releasing players.

The window opens on Friday, right?

Wonder if we’ll have any agreements good to go early doors.

The Prem window opens on Thursday 17th May, so that there is 12 weeks before 9th August, the cut-off the Thursday before the PL starts.

According to FIFA there has to be a minimum 12 wk period for the Summer window and the Prem wanted their window to close before the Prem season starts, to stop clubs poaching players after the season gets under way.

Unfortunately other leagues in France, Germany, Italy, Spain and Portugal haven't changed their dates which run from 1st June to 31st Aug. , so Prem clubs can only bring players in from abroad until 9th August but can still lose them to foreign clubs until 31st Aug.

For the reason Deutsch said we won't be signing anyone of note until July 1st at least officially.

We won't, the rush is always vastly overstated. Even taking what I said about FFP out of the equation - we signed Neves on 8 July last year and the season started earlier than when we'll kick off next campaign.

Won't stop people pissing and moaning in about two weeks when we haven't brought anyone in of course.

We won't, the rush is always vastly overstated. Even taking what I said about FFP out of the equation - we signed Neves on 8 July last year and the season started earlier than when we'll kick off next campaign.

Won't stop people pissing and moaning in about two weeks when we haven't brought anyone in of course.
Disappointed we haven't made 3 signings already. No ambishun. Doing it on the cheap again

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

The European season is generally considered to run 1 July - 30 June, ask FIFA :)

We won't be down officially as a Premier League club yet for a start, we are still under the aegis of the Football League as of today. It's all legal crap and formalities but I doubt we'll leave anything to chance. Like I say, I don't think it's a coincidence that Jota signs on 1 July (and it isn't because he's out of contract or anything). We want it done on that date for a reason.

If we go and sign a load of expensive players through June then I'll hold my hands up, can't see it though.

Poor angle seems to cause that Patricio goals. Maybe expecting the striker to welly it as can't get a proper view of how he sets his feet originally but a better angled dive and he should be able to get more of this body behind that to stun it, seems to get caught in two minds and cause backspin, I've down that before, but with the caveat I was paying £5 and paying at tier 13/14...

What date was given on Jota's agreement to sign? That's the first permanent signing we will make.

There we go then. That will likely kickstart it all.

Unless one of our targets insists on getting his future sorted before the World Cup that is.

The world cup finishes on July 15th

That leaves three weeks before the window shuts

Or you could use the four weeks now before the world cup. Bugger all will happen during the tournament.

Or you could use the four weeks now before the world cup. Bugger all will happen during the tournament.

and that's just the tournament football.

Does the world cup have any issues on insurance of players? I know they wont be able to do medicals whilst away most likely bit womdering about signing player A, who then gets injured at the WC. And if that is likely to out some teams off acting before hand?

Would the first amortisation happen immediately or at year 1?

I’d be very surprised if we haven’t signed anyone by July.

Plenty of players that won't be at the World Cup who could easily be moving around while it's going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back