• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen a report that we're after Ahmed Musa from Leicester. Been on loan at CSKA Moscow this season but don't know much about him as a player

I thought he looked awesome when he joined them and was really highly rated but it didn’t work for some reason.

Musa is a Mo Camara clone except he tries to run through the middle. If there wasn't a net in the way he would help himself to a pint of Banks and a balti pie.

Musa has one move that he's very good at, but it doesn't work when he plays centrally and he never should have been tried there for Leicester.

We have no need for him as he's not better than our current options at forward (including Bright).

Linked to Matty Phillips now.

I think we've been linked to every relegated player already.

That happens. But we are a rather different kettle of fish to every other promoted side ever. The media links will change when we get the first big one over the line.

Oh, no doubt they're almost all bullshit. It's almost comedic that those outlets can apparently publish whatever they want when it comes to that stuff.

Matt Phillips is WAY below where we're aiming, as are most of the players we're being linked to I reckon. Probably because most of the links are plucked right out of thin air.

Patricio wouldn't surprise me and neither would Andre Silva. I'd love to try and snag Presnel Kimpembe, he'd be fucking class alongside Boly and Coady.

It's all from the "promoted side - they must rape the relegated" text book. The next two months we chew that tome up and spit it out all over the top flight.

It's all from the "promoted side - they must rape the relegated" text book. The next two months we chew that tome up and spit it out all over the top flight.

It's lazy clickbait stuff. People robbing a living.

If we signed Kimpembe it would be a massive statement of intent. As it is I'd bet he'll stay put or go to another UCL club.

Look no further than Burnley for evidence that signing no one is preferable to raiding the bottom three.

I think our statements of intent are going to be a little more spectacular.

One thing I immediately note is how regularly we already feature on the daily BBC gossip column. They barely knew we existed before - in fact I am pretty sure they didn't even feature the Neves interest last summer. Now we are two of the stories every day by the look of it

(Silva and Patricio today I think)

always known as Flappyhandski at his time with Arsenal

He went to them too soon into his playing career as a starter though. Played less than 40 games. At Swansea he has consistently been one of the top non elite clubs keepers. Obviously behind De Gea, Llores, Ederson and Courtois. But personally there is only Kasper Schiemchel and Bergovic that I'd say are comfortably better than him so you could potentially make a case for him being 6th-9th best keeper in the Prem depending on who you personally rate after those top keepers.

Pope, Pickford, Butland I'd all have behind him over the past two seasons, or at the very worst they are around his level. A keepers prime is typically later due to the mental side of the game that position needs.

Schmeichel is shite nowadays. Leicester fans don't think much of him at all.

Linked to Matty Phillips now.

I think we've been linked to every relegated player already.

It's just the normal football cliche bollocks isn't it? We'll move from "foreign lads can't hack it in the winter" to "Neves won't get as much time in the Premier League" and "Wolves first goal will be survival."

Not linked to Us, but Rhian Brewster is out of contract at Liverpool and considering to the bundesliga to get game time. I’d love it if we grabbed him to be our number 2 striker.

Not a bad shout, someone like that. Brewster should be closer to Liverpool's first team than he has been this season (think he had an injury at one point, and they have supported him off the pitch massively with the interview he did with the Guardian about racism).

Another one is someone like Mason Mount, or Callum Hudson-Odoi, both at Chelsea. There is some absurd English talent coming through that needs games. We have been linked with Nelson from Arsenal actually haven't we.

I don’t really care who it’s with but I hope those guys you mention get games next year, bundesliga could well be their best bet

Unless we have a genuine chance of signing them at the end of the season I'd rather not take other teams youngsters on.

Not a bad shout, someone like that. Brewster should be closer to Liverpool's first team than he has been this season (think he had an injury at one point, and they have supported him off the pitch massively with the interview he did with the Guardian about racism).

Another one is someone like Mason Mount, or Callum Hudson-Odoi, both at Chelsea. There is some absurd English talent coming through that needs games. We have been linked with Nelson from Arsenal actually haven't we.

I don't think Brewster is the type of forward that would work for us as he's a good poacher and finisher but not really a good link player. I think Solanke is more the type of player that would suit us, a less mobile but strong forward capable of holding the ball up but has a turn of pace and decent set of skills in front of goal.

Glad to see Mount progressing but he too wouldn't work for us in the current formation and I don't think he's at the same level as MGW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back