• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a chance. They won't pay the fee we (or Mendes) stipulates until he has at least 12 months in the PL under his belt.

I reckon we'll see Neves stay at Wolves for another couple of seasons.

That's what I mean by serious, giving us a ridiculous fee

I think people are forgetting just how minted and connected Fosun are. The fee would have to be monumental.

United aren't typically a Mendes club either at the moment. De Gea is the only player there who's a Gestifute client and those rumours about a move back to Spain never go away.

If one of the big Prem teams want him and offered a massive sum I’m sure he would want to go. Can’t see it before January at the earliest though, more likely next summer if he has another good season

I can't see any clubs like Utd taking a chance on him if we get promoted, as they will then get a year to see him at the top level, knowing they will most likely get their way when they want to.

I can't see any clubs like Utd taking a chance on him if we get promoted, as they will then get a year to see him at the top level, knowing they will most likely get their way when they want to.

They don't wait for seasons anymore if they want him they will offer us what it takes.

If we give him a new contract on big money we can push his price up and and maybe keep him here.
You can never know what the player wants but I doubt bench-warming is top of his list.

I can see him being here next season and if we do well who knows.
He won't be loyal like Bully obviously but the club is a project and he has bought into that. That said he is obviously super talented and ambitious so will need to be going for honours at some point but he is still very young.
We have not seen the full extent of Fosuns ambition yet so its going to be an exciting transfer window, I for one think they'll throw the kitchen sink at it.

Given the scum are heading for the championship any one fancy Gibbs as the LWB ?

I would he's about the only one

I would take Evans, Rondon, Krychowiak, Foster, Chadli, Nyom, Gibbs & Burke from Albion. They've got some quality players in their squad, just been poorly managed.

If we continue to go 343 or tweaks on it I'd only take Foster, Evans and Rodriguez. In a 442 I'd add Gibbs. Krychowiak doesn't suit a 2 in midfield, Chadli is a player that doesn't really suit any formation Nyom a bomb scare.

Evans, Krychowiak,
Chadli, Gibbs and Foster would get in most PL squads. Not really sure Nyom is any good, Burke no idea, Rondon has good physicality and hold up but can’t hit a barn door.

I wouldn’t take any of them. They’ve been absolutely heartless this season. Evans was a disgrace yesterday, as was Krychowiak.

I suspect most of the bigger players will move abroad and the likes of Burke will be left to try and haul whatever’s left back up next season.

Evans would be a good buy, most times I've seen them this season he actually looks like the only player who's actually got any football in him.

Can't see there's anyone else that would be of interest, Krychowiak has good pedigree but hasn't done anything for Albion, Burke similar but at least has age on his side so might be worth a punt.

I would take Evans, Rondon, Krychowiak, Foster, Chadli, Nyom, Gibbs & Burke from Albion. They've got some quality players in their squad, just been poorly managed.

Poorly managed yes but they haven't stood up either and once that happens it tells you a lot about the character of the players. When we go up we will not be looking at these players and rightly so.

Evans - Was good but now living on that reputation and everyone still thinks he's good. Time will tell whether he's still as good as he was if he moves on but i have my doubts.

Rondon - Very good at holding the ball up and will run all day but he simply doesn't create or score enough.

Krychowiak - Was quality a few years ago but now apart from the odd game or even just a pass he doesn't stand out, past his best.

Foster - He's pretty much the same as he has been for years, don't think he's much better than Ruddy if at all.

Chadli - Heart of a pea and not as good as he should have been. Got the ability but not the mentality to play consistently well at that level.

Nyom - Big and strong but that's pretty much it, an upgrade at right back for us but we don't play with them and he's not good enough to play on the right of the 4 in midfield for us.

Gibbs - Another living off the reputation of playing for a big side once so everyone thinks he's still good. Fit for a longer time that he has been for years but the quality isn't there.

Burke - Pace and work rate but end product really isn't there, failed a couple of times now and going to take a lot of character to be anywhere near as good as they thought he could be.

None of them fit the type of players we have signed recently and i don't see how any would actually improve us enough to be worth the risk of taking them on from what they have been through the last season and a half. A couple if they could find form would be good squad players but apart from that i just don't see it.

If we could get James Morrison from a few years ago he'd have been a very nice different option to anything else we have in central midfield, but he's too old and breaks too often now.

Gibbs hasn't developed at all, Hennessey syndrome of still being the exact same player he was when he was 19/20.

Evans will demand crazy wages - with him only costing £3m then his agent will be looking for one last big payday with the money the purchasing club is saving on the fee.

Foster is 35 before the end of this season, really would not see us going for that kind of player.

Rondon would be a good fit for us but even with Albion getting relegated there's probably better value on the continent.

Nyom I like a lot (shocking, I know) but isn't a wingback, never has been, never will be.

Evans could be a huge boon in a trio but as Dan says will demand pretty high wages and is a yellow card magnet, even before considering his attitude issues this year. Like Rondon, probably better value to be had elsewhere.

No one else in their squad interests me really, I like Chadli but he's probably not beating out Cav or Jota.

Slink is exactly right. Sign losers, get losers.
Teams get relegated for one of three reasons: a) the players are shite b) they didn't try or c) both
In Albion's case it is (c) and anyone who thinks we should sign any of their players needs to increase his medication

We went down the road of signing relegated players the last time we were in the Premier League and funnily enough we got relegated. I wouldn’t want anybody from Albion’s squad as something is seriously wrong there. I think Fosun will be aiming much higher anyway.

I'm really surprised that some rate Rondon, i can't see it at all.

And the Polish chap is only 28, bit of a concern if he is already "past his best".

I wouldn't take any of them, I want, and we will sign far better than dross from our relegated neighbours.

We went down the road of signing relegated players the last time we were in the Premier League and funnily enough we got relegated. I wouldn’t want anybody from Albion’s squad as something is seriously wrong there. I think Fosun will be aiming much higher anyway.

agree, the net will be cast far and wide. all the way to portugal and beyond.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back