• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree about Norris. He looks like he has the potential to be a top goalkeeper.

For me, Ruddy has done nothing wrong and certainly doesn't deserve to come in for criticism. He is good enough to continue as first choice until Norris takes over. GK isn't one of the positions we should be looking at strengthening in the summer IMO.

Nothing wrong no, upgradable though? Almost certainly and for not a tremendous amount. Even Incremental upgrades at rwb and GK would be my current priority if it was up to me.

Ruddy made his pro debut in May 2004.

We are NOT serial bottlers, this is a massive myth.

Dave Jones $#@!ed that up. Nothing to do with an endemic issue with Wolves. It was Dave Jones.

A lot of it is because of that fucktard with the ‘you’ve let us down again’ banner, implying it was a regular thing. God I hate that guy, the number of times I’ve had that linked in Facebook over the years...

A lot of it is because of that $#@!tard with the ‘you’ve let us down again’ banner, implying it was a regular thing. God I hate that guy, the number of times I’ve had that linked in Facebook over the years...

To be fair we'd fucked up several times in the play offs pre-Jones despite spending heavily compared to the rest of the league. The 2002 debacle just topped it all off. I seem to remember a recruitment agency running an advert around the time with the tag line-'Got less chance of promotion than Wolves?'

Marco Asensio wants to move back to England, apparently...

A lot of it is because of that fucktard with the ‘you’ve let us down again’ banner, implying it was a regular thing. God I hate that guy, the number of times I’ve had that linked in Facebook over the years...

I'd say that the Joke Club flag was worse than that. Why travel all the way to Brighton kitted out in your Wolves shirts to unveil a flag that states that you think that the team you are supposedly supporting is a joke club. Joke manager at the time maybe.....

Joke Club.jpg

So the hand wringing about it is bizarre. My personal favourite bit of logic for doubting our chances has been - remember 2002 and our choke, we are bound to fuck it up and let Derby in.

I mean, seriously. 2002 - Ruben Neves and Diogo Jota were in primary school. Nobody in our side was playing professional football then anywhere (apart from maybe Ruddy). NO person remains at the club on the playing side, coaching or in the boardroom from 2002. But we are bound to fuck up, and let in a team who have butchered great positions several times in recent seasons, with those same players still at the club and scarred by it.

It just defies logic to think that way.

Also ignores the fact that in the 2 occassions since when we have been in a similar position (well not even as good a position as now) in 09 & 14, we achieved promotion quite comfortably. Even the "bottlers" of 2002 managed to put together the following year a 12 game unbeaten run when the pressure was to on to make and win the play-offs.

So can we revisit my incremental upgrade at keeper being a thing I want... (Too soon?)

The line on N’Diaye I mentioned.

N’Diaye, who joined Wolves on loan in the summer, is out of the picture at the La Liga outfit and as such would no doubt be keen on a permanent move to the Black Country, but any deal is expected to cost around £8.2m. A fee of £2m must be payed if they decide against signing the player in summer.

The line on N’Diaye I mentioned.

N’Diaye, who joined Wolves on loan in the summer, is out of the picture at the La Liga outfit and as such would no doubt be keen on a permanent move to the Black Country, but any deal is expected to cost around £8.2m. A fee of £2m must be payed if they decide against signing the player in summer.

I don't think he is worth that, is he worth 6.2million though? Which is in effect what we have to pay to make him ours, possibly, in this market.

£6.2m - I like Alf and in proper football man speak he has good engine, gets from box to box and has a goal in him. But is he good enough for where we are going? No. I think we could make better use of the money

I don't think he is worth that, is he worth 6.2million though? Which is in effect what we have to pay to make him ours, possibly, in this market.

In the current market he'd probably sell for 8 figures. But much as I like him I don't think he's the sort of player we need.

N'Diaye is never going for £10m Alan, don't be silly.

If N'Diaye was English he'd be worth £10 million easy to a Premier League club but he isn't and with where we are going then we need players who are better on the ball. I think we're more than capable of attracting players next season who can drive forward as he can but are much better footballers.

If N'Diaye was English he'd be worth £10 million easy to a Premier League club but he isn't and with where we are going then we need players who are better on the ball. I think we're more than capable of attracting players next season who can drive forward as he can but are much better footballers.
I guess if the numbers are correct, the real question is, is he worth £6m as the £2m is dead money. As with Bonatini, we could probably buy them and flip them for a small profit, is it really worth the effort though?

I guess if the numbers are correct, the real question is, is he worth £6m as the £2m is dead money. As with Bonatini, we could probably buy them and flip them for a small profit, is it really worth the effort though?

Personally i don't think it's worth it. I'd pay the £2 million and take the loss with Alf and while a couple of months ago i thought Bonatini was worth the £5 million i'm not so sure we will pay it now. He's clearly not fit at the moment though and hasn't been for a while which isn't helping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back