• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maguire had been properly shit for Hull so his form for Leicester is more of a surprise than anything. GKs in relegated sides can look okay because they usually have a lot of work to do. Robertson, well, I'd say the jury is still out on him overall.

Maguire had been properly shit for Hull so his form for Leicester is more of a surprise than anything. GKs in relegated sides can look okay because they usually have a lot of work to do. Robertson, well, I'd say the jury is still out on him overall.
Maguire was underused more so than underwhelming at Hull, barely got a game under Bruce. Robertson always looked a good footballer for them though but does have a tendency to be a bit rash in the tackle at times.

Maguire was underused more so than underwhelming at Hull, barely got a game under Bruce. Robertson always looked a good footballer for them though but does have a tendency to be a bit rash in the tackle at times.
Aye, don't mean to imply that relegated players are always bad. Just gotta have quality scouting!

Pickford is looking like another Butland though, a solid but over hyped due to the nationality and the amount of work he has to get through. Made some great saves, but despite his age is already behind where the now top level keepers were at 23. Not saying he isn't a significant upgrade over Ruddy, but for the fee he'd cost you'd be better going for a keeper with true world class potential or an older more proven keeper.

Pickford is too small, he'll never be top level.

Robertson is quality, well worth his place in a team second in the league imo. If we can find someone close to his ability for next year then we will have done well.

Pickford is too small, he'll never be top level.

Usually I'd agree but he is only an inch shorter than Llores, and he is one of the outstanding keepers if you were drawing up a list. His game for Lyon versus Madrid is one of the finest examples of goal keeper making a difference in recent years.

Buffon and Reina are another two keepers I can think of off the top of my head that are below what some clubs consider a mandatory 6'4 height for a keeper.

Last edited:
Fabian bartez the old Man Utd keeper was a shortarse as well wasn't he?

Casillas and Julio Cesar come to mind.

Julio Cesar. [emoji23]

You're meant to be finding good shorter keepers Alan.

Cesar was top class in his first 4-5 years at Inter.

Naught wrong with Julio Cesar! He may have been less than great in his twilight but he also ended up playing behind some truly awful defenses.

Peter Shilton wasn't the biggest. Didn't harm is career too much apart from when he was outjumped by Herve Villechaize in Mexico 86

He got absolutely roasted by Gary Neville on MNF, was a really interesting watch.
Yes, I'd be a lot more bothered by his fundamental goalkeeping deficiencies than his height. Reminds me a bit of Hennessey, got the off wonder save in his locker but lacks some of the basics.

Fabian bartez the old Man Utd keeper was a shortarse as well wasn't he?

Yeah he is usually listed at 5ft10, neither Iker Casillas or Valdes are taller than myself, 6ft 0.5 inches. Some say that is just 6foot but I aint in the habit of downplaying half an inch...so all smaller than Pickford.

Wouldn't have said bartez was that tall,must be the same person that measures Tom cruise and says he's around the 6 foot mark,when he blatantly isnt

Wouldn't have said bartez was that tall,must be the same person that measures Tom cruise and says he's around the 6 foot mark,when he blatantly isnt

Sturridge claims to be 6'2"

Daniel+Sturridge+Raheem+Sterling+dxmi5NcdtB1m.jpg

Fallen down a rabbit hole with Sturridge! Apparently he's been listed at different heights ranging from 5ft9 to 6ft3 on various sites and fifa games.

saw Pickford playing for England V Germany he was suowrb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back